I tried updating my OS today but didn't succeed. Followed the tutorial and the noob guide, I disconnected my internet as well and when I go to the upgrade it doesn't come up, I've also already installed the Os to my pc and am currently running .122 on my storm. Does anyone know why it might not be loading on to the app loader and why I can't update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 01:02 AM
    did you uninstall the other os 122 from your computer this might be an issue just a guess tho
    05-15-09 01:10 AM
    I would suggest reading through the guide again and ensuring that you have followed all steps and not missed anything. Be sure that any OSs other than the one you plan to upgrade to have been uninstalled from your PC as well as ensuring that all copies of the vendor.xml file have been deleted. I know that with Vista the file has a funny way of replicating itself on the PC so maybe do a search for it. Provided all of these steps have been followed, you could try upgrading b running the loader.exe file in the Apploader directory on your PC as opposed to using the DM. Good luck!
    05-15-09 01:14 AM
    sorry for sounding like a total noob but how do you delete the previous OS from your pc?
    05-15-09 11:20 AM
    You have to uninstall it thru add/remove programs.

sorry for sounding like a total noob but how do you delete the previous OS from your pc?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 11:26 AM
    Are you using Windows? What version? (XP/Vista/etc)
    In Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs, look for entries that say Blackberry Device Software. If you highlight one, you can click on the support information link to see which version of OS it is. Be sure not to deinstall the Blackberry Desktop software, unless you really want to.

The few times I've updated the OS, I'll uninstall all the device software off the PC, then install the version of the OS onto the PC that I want to load on the Storm, find and delete the Vendor.xml files on the PC, , then use the Loader.exe to load the OS on the Storm.
    Last edited by Snarfler; 05-15-09 at 12:16 PM.
    05-15-09 12:13 PM
    so i cant find a single thing on my add/remove programs and i think i figured out why...phone came with .75 so its not on my pc (yes i am using windows), .122 was official through bell and updated through dm so im guessing thats why i cant find it on my pc either? dont understand!
    im gonna try downloading .141 again and see what happens
    05-15-09 03:24 PM
    so i cant find a single thing on my add/remove programs and i think i figured out why...phone came with .75 so its not on my pc (yes i am using windows), .122 was official through bell and updated through dm so im guessing thats why i cant find it on my pc either? dont understand!
    im gonna try downloading .141 again and see what happens
    Control Panel is in the Menu when you press the START button at the bottom left
    05-15-09 03:29 PM
    Control Panel is in the Menu when you press the START button at the bottom left
    Thanks Penumbra, but im not a computer noob.. what im trying to explain is that in my Add/Remove Files there is no Blackberry OS's. Rather, only DM, hence why im having trouble finding how to uninstall past OS's.
    05-15-09 03:36 PM
    re-installed and working like a charm.
    .141 success!
    05-15-09 04:55 PM
    Thanks Penumbra, but im not a computer noob.. what im trying to explain is that in my Add/Remove Files there is no Blackberry OS's. Rather, only DM, hence why im having trouble finding how to uninstall past OS's.
    If you never installed them to you PC, then there is nothing to remove. That said, if you don't see anything in Add/Remove Programs, then you have not installed the new OS to your PC. Once you download it you need to double click on it to get it to install to your PC. Be sure you have downloaded the correct OS version (9530 or 9500) for your storm. To verify that it installed go to:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files and you should see a folder for each OS loaded on your PC.

If you are installing a leaked OS, then go back up to the AppLoader folder in Research in Motion and delete the Vendor.xml file.
    05-15-09 04:55 PM
    Sorry, did not see you had succeeded, we were posting at the same time.
    05-15-09 04:59 PM
    its cool - i had installed originally and was in Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files but did not show on my add/remove programs list. i downloaded the file once again, installed and started dm and everything worked perfectly
    05-15-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD