so i updated to .113 the other night but went back down to .75 because my storm is unlocked and couldnt keep it to stay on EDGE for more than like 2 seconds. so today i decided to throw a radio file in the .113 so itd stay on EDGE.
    well the install went completely fine........but........when the phone rebooted i got app error 523......ive restarted like ten times and battery pulled like 2 or 3 times and nothing fixes it...it just reboots and goes to app error 523.....so i reinstalled .75 but app loader.exe cant connect to the device cuz its either rebooting or has the app error...so now i cant even get a different OS onto it!!!!
    i need help
    what should i do?
    03-26-09 05:28 PM
    You will need to get the program JDL_Cmmdr and wipe your device.

Reinstall the OS, without swapping any radio files, etc. You managed to do something to the OS you had loaded by just throwing files in.

Clean install should solve your problem, hope you did a backup.
    03-26-09 05:40 PM
    yes i have it backed up a bunch of times
    is it hard to use that program and is it free?
    03-26-09 05:44 PM
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Even better, before you do anything else, read this. Explains it better than I can.
    03-26-09 05:46 PM
    Yep...JLCmdr is your best option. I ran into the same problem...some older radio codes are not getting along with new Java.
    03-26-09 05:48 PM
    had that error before, loader.exe should detect it during boot-up if its plugged in. at least it did for me. dont worry too much, its fixable
    03-26-09 05:48 PM
    ya i tried rebooting it and going into loader.exe and it still wouldnt read it haha
    so im getting jl program now and hoping im savvy enough to figure it out haha
    03-26-09 05:51 PM
    its rebooting now so ill hold my breath haha
    03-26-09 05:53 PM
    ya i tried rebooting it and going into loader.exe and it still wouldnt read it haha
    so im getting jl program now and hoping im savvy enough to figure it out haha
    JL is simple...just follow the screen prompts and choose option 4 to wipe the device. It will reboot with error 507 to reload software. Reconnect to pc and use loader.exe
    03-26-09 05:53 PM
    so i updated to .113 the other night but went back down to .75 because my storm is unlocked and couldnt keep it to stay on EDGE for more than like 2 seconds. so today i decided to throw a radio file in the .113 so itd stay on EDGE.
    well the install went completely fine........but........when the phone rebooted i got app error 523......ive restarted like ten times and battery pulled like 2 or 3 times and nothing fixes it...it just reboots and goes to app error 523.....so i reinstalled .75 but app loader.exe cant connect to the device cuz its either rebooting or has the app error...so now i cant even get a different OS onto it!!!!
    i need help
    what should i do?
    You dont need to wipe it use loader.exe. While the phone is restarting open loader.exe when it reaches the part where it says connection plug in your phone. You need to go to section where you can tell it to backup do not. You want a clean install. When its done you can restore from a previous backup. I'm sending you a personal message check it.
    03-26-09 05:55 PM
    The .83 file is too far back a Platform. Nothing before .90 will work with the more recent leaks.
    03-26-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD