I have a Storm 2 with the latest Verizon OS. I downloaded the new version of App World last night. It rebooted when it was done and was fine.

However, today, when I went to use App World, it froze up and nothing worked.

I pulled the battery and I am now in a perpetual reboot. It starts the reboot, shows the status line and gets to about 20% then very quickly shows a white screen that says reset and then the process starts over.

What can I do?

Thanks.
    Steve
    06-11-10 09:59 AM
    You may have to hook it to a PC and use either JL_Cmnder or BBSAK to wipe it and reload the OS. Hope you made a recent back up of your contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 10:06 AM
    You may have to hook it to a PC and use either JL_Cmnder or BBSAK to wipe it and reload the OS. Hope you made a recent back up of your contacts.

No need to do this!!

Likely a security setting. In most cases it is an encryption setting. (Again BBs are really like Sherman tanks - very secure but so few people really need this, that issues like this are rarely recogniized.)

1. Try booting into safe mode. (Pull Battery, Hold down back key while booting)

2. Remove encryption.
    06-11-10 10:31 AM
    No need to do this!!

Likely a security setting. In most cases it is an encryption setting. (Again BBs are really like Sherman tanks - very secure but so few people really need this, that issues like this are rarely recogniized.)

1. Try booting into safe mode. (Pull Battery, Hold down back key while booting)

2. Remove encryption.
    My company IT Policy for BB's uses encryption as standard, however, encryption has caused so many problems that they have a policy that excludes it. I've had to have them give me the exception policy because of so many issues caused by encryption with Outlook calendar and email. Get it off there if you can. The problem is the policy will be "repushed" by your bes server anyway, so you might as well go through your IT department (if you ARE on BES) once you use this process.
    06-11-10 10:41 AM

I had to reinstall the OS. I did have a recent back up of contacts and calendar.

Now the hassle of having to reinstall all of my apps!
    06-11-10 11:03 AM
    I had to reinstall the OS. I did have a recent back up of contacts and calendar.

Now the hassle of having to reinstall all of my apps!
    if you do a backup of your device periodically, if you need to reload the OS, you can simply recover the apps by restoring from the backup. I just did that a few days ago. all my apps came through with flying colors.
    06-11-10 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD