I went to downgrade to .113 from .114 (I've messed with and restored my fiar share of blackberrys ... I'm fairly comfortable and knowledgable with this) and in the middle of the downgrade, the phone and software seemed to lock up. The phone had a black screen, NOTHING on it, and a flashing red LED - it kind of flashes twice, pauses, then twice, etc ..

I'm wondering if maybe the battery went flat on me while I was upgrading, so I've had it plugged into the wall charger, but no change on the LED's. I know the OS is trashed, but I need to know if anyone else has had an issue with a double flashing Red LED, and a completely unresponsive storm otherwise ... And yes, I have searched the forums, and I did try to wipe with JL cmdr, but I'm not even sure if its wiping it.

The other issue is that when I plug it into the computer to run the software update, if I click the link at the bottom that says device connected: none, when it asks to specify the connected device, I choose USB in the drop down box, but usually it has USB-PIN:<pin_number> ... now it only shows USB-PIN:0 ... no pin after it ... does anyone know if I need to get a replacement phone or if this is salvagable?
    03-25-09 07:50 PM
    have a look at this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

It also mentions the flashing LED as a symptom of a dead BB
    03-25-09 07:54 PM
    You hosed your OS all is not lost just follow the instructions in link chaser provided. Take a couple deep breaths first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:45 PM
    Thank you! its up and working!
    03-25-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD