I used Build-a-hybrid and tried installing the hybrid os on to my storm... after it did the auto reset the phone loads up and only shows my messages... no way to get to my home screen or any thing but i can press the menu button and access message menu but nothing else, clock or phone or anything at all! I'm kinda a noob so any help or advice would be great, thanks.
    05-21-09 09:19 PM
    Sounds like maybe you should stick with a straight OS and away from the Hybreds until you have more experience. Try this thread for more help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-21-09 11:12 PM
    I used Build-a-hybrid and tried installing the hybrid os on to my storm... after it did the auto reset the phone loads up and only shows my messages... no way to get to my home screen or any thing but i can press the menu button and access message menu but nothing else, clock or phone or anything at all! I'm kinda a noob so any help or advice would be great, thanks.
    Building a hybrid takes big nuts and lots of patience especially if you are new to this. Use Lyricidals 141/5.0.0.93 it must be the best yet!!
    05-21-09 11:17 PM
    Thanks for the advice... I got it fixed, i used a the trick where you upgrade the os w/out the battery... worked, and I think I'll stick to pre made hybrids for a while haha
    05-23-09 06:29 PM
    Happy to hear that you got it working. That is the nice thing about the Storm, almost everything OS related can be fixed.
    05-23-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD