hi, im having trouble setting up my blackberry storm 2, and im a complete novice with blackberry so please excuse that!! i am currently with o2 uk network, but my blackberry was originally locked to the vodafone uk network, they have kindly unlocked it for me to allow me to use it with my o2 simcard. when i put it in, i can use it perfectly to make calls, and use sms etc, but i cant work out how to get the internet/email/bbm. i have a 'blackberry unlimited' contract so i know i should be able to use it, but when i go on setup, it says 'your connection to the mobile network is turned on but you are not in a wireless coverage area' i know i need to register it with my provider but it says i cant do this until im in a wireless area, although i am in one?!! help me!!!!!
    04-10-10 05:49 AM
    Hi, I have a vodaphone UK storm 2 as well and use it on O2 just like you, so may be able to help you out.
    I think you need to get your service books sent to your phone but may be wrong.
    For that go to o2email.co.uk and sign in. You may need to create an account.
    Once signed in, on the left click on help, then on send service books
    I hope that sorts it out for you
    04-10-10 11:13 AM
    hi, im having trouble setting up my blackberry storm 2, and im a complete novice with blackberry so please excuse that!! i am currently with o2 uk network, but my blackberry was originally locked to the vodafone uk network, they have kindly unlocked it for me to allow me to use it with my o2 simcard. when i put it in, i can use it perfectly to make calls, and use sms etc, but i cant work out how to get the internet/email/bbm. i have a 'blackberry unlimited' contract so i know i should be able to use it, but when i go on setup, it says 'your connection to the mobile network is turned on but you are not in a wireless coverage area' i know i need to register it with my provider but it says i cant do this until im in a wireless area, although i am in one?!! help me!!!!!
    Try this guide and use o2 service book, I hope it will work for you http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    04-11-10 10:40 PM
    Great answer! That should resolve the issue. Generally its just the service books that need to be resent to the phone and it will update all of the settings.

Hi, I have a vodaphone UK storm 2 as well and use it on O2 just like you, so may be able to help you out.
    I think you need to get your service books sent to your phone but may be wrong.
    For that go to o2email.co.uk and sign in. You may need to create an account.
    Once signed in, on the left click on help, then on send service books
    I hope that sorts it out for you
    04-12-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD