hi - this is my first thread (be nice please?).

anyway my storm seems to have gone kaput. sunday it started acting weird and wouldn't click in the bottom left corner of the screen - first clicking issue. then the phone started freezing/rebooting. by monday the screen had shut itself off and despite 20+ battery pulls would not come on for me to back it up, restore .75 OS (i was running .109)

anyway i take it to VZW and miraculously the screen comes back after a reboot for them (sort of like when your car stops making that funny sound just when you get to the mechanic) anyway they notice i'm running .109 and try to tell me i voided my warranty and i have to deal with insurance.

i told them that i don't believe that's in the warranty writing and that the software doesn't negate the hardware issue. she basically said that if i restore .75 and send it back it should be okay.

anyway i got the phone screen on for a while yesterday to back up, downgrade before it died again. then my phone started ringing - i discovered that the phone is actually on and operational, and when i click a button the screen light (as seen next to the send/end keys) lights up, however the screen never comes on.

has anyone ever heard of this? do i replace through warranty or through insurance? i brought it in yesterday and the guy suggested that this can happen when the phone is dropped - i don't recall dropping it, but was at a party all day saturday and my phone seems to have also developed a deep scratch that day.

please any ideas? (sorry for the long post)
    03-12-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD