Hey guys, I think this is my first real post here, great community love the info.

Anywho down to my issue, I don't know what I'm doing wrong with ringtones, but I'm fairly certain I have it set right. I downloaded a bunch of individual ringtones for different people and when I use them they completely ignore the sound profile I'm currently using. Imagine my surprise when I'm walking down a hall at work and my phone starts screaming "YOUR WIFE IS CALLING YOU!" lol. So I checked the settings on the ringtone and it is set to follow whatever the current profile is. I've tried every setting, is this just something that can't be done? Thanks guys
    03-30-09 05:29 AM
    It's a glitch in the current OS software, custom ringtones ignore the vibrate profile so you will still hear them even if you select that profile. I know, annoying, right?? Happened to me at work while I was helping a customer (and I work at a Hallmark store of all places)... from what I understand from a variety of different posts here on the forums this is something that is (hopefully) being fixed in the next official OS release. But for now the only way to truly keep things quiet while using custom ringtones is to put your phone on silent
    03-30-09 07:08 AM
    Oh wow, that really sucks. I was going completely nuts trying to figure out what that was going on. I was pretty bummed that I spent all this money on the storm and couldn't even use a funtion the free verizon phones can do. lol
    03-30-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD