Did a search and nothing came up. I am getting my Storm replaced today and have my 3rd party apps (.alx, etc.) backed up. When I get the new phone with new PIN, can I load these files with the old PIN onto my new device? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks.
    02-25-09 01:06 PM
    just use the device switch wizard. it will back up stuff from your old phone and transfer it to your new one. and as far as your pin if you have bb messenger and you use the device switch nobody will even know that you got a new pin because it will transfer all of you bbm info over
    02-25-09 01:09 PM
    most things should work, only issue i had was with paid apps that check the pin.. i had to request a new reg. number.
    02-25-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! What about my saved folder that I have my apps stored on. The name of the folder will be the OLD PIN number.
    02-25-09 01:19 PM
    it should transfer over but like rboy said you might have to re register the software with the new pin
    02-25-09 01:38 PM
    Thanks. Any more input would be greatly appreciated!
    02-25-09 02:55 PM
    Bump.....anyone? Sorry if I seem anal
    02-25-09 03:09 PM
    Can anyone confirm that this will work? Can I add my 3rd party apps folder to a new device even though my folder's name is the old PIN #? Help!
    02-25-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD