Last night I plugged my phone into charge and it began rebooting over and over. A tiny message appears very briefly indicating "resetting" and the process starts again.

I have not connected the phone to a PC yet, and have only downloaded Viigo, the CB forums launcher app, and mini opera.

On Friday I noticed that I had had the Vcast icon on my home screen.. that night when I charged the phone, I woke up with the phone stuck with some
    numeric error that started with a J.. I wish I would have wrote it down.

I went to the verizon store today and they couldn't do much for me except for get me a new phone. I was hoping that they could flash the phone, but they couldn't do ANYTHING.

Is it possible to reset the phone with a key combination? Or to use the PC to reinstall the OS?

I would really appreciate some help.. I would like to get the phone working again.. a new one doesn't arrive until wed.

Thanks so much!

Jamie
    11-30-08 01:48 PM
    Try unplugging it and removing the battery for 10 minutes.
    11-30-08 01:51 PM
    Have you plugged it into desktop manager? I am sure you have tried pulling the battery right?
    11-30-08 01:53 PM
    I have tried pulling the battery several times. I have had it out for about 45 mins.. just put it back in and it still doesn't help.

No, I have not connected it to desktop manager yet.. will that do anything since it keeps rebooting?
    11-30-08 01:59 PM
    I have tried pulling the battery several times. I have had it out for about 45 mins.. just put it back in and it still doesn't help.

No, I have not connected it to desktop manager yet.. will that do anything since it keeps rebooting?
    This addresses your problem:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    11-30-08 02:03 PM
    Lol the endless loop. Good post haris, hopefully he can figure that out without panicking
    11-30-08 03:03 PM
    funny.. I JUST found that thread. but THANKS haris!

No panic here.. lol.. I've got a new phone coming wed anyway, which I wanted because I have moderately crappy clicking on the edges..

I'm reading and going to try it soon.. wish me luck!

jamie
    11-30-08 03:11 PM
    quick question, and I hope it's not a dumb one (I have never had a BB before..)

Where do you find a version of the OS to put on the phone?
    11-30-08 03:19 PM
    I received this error message when trying to put the latest .75 SW on it..

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

any ideas?
    11-30-08 03:43 PM
    I received this error message when trying to put the latest .75 SW on it..

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

any ideas?
    Same thing happened to me when i updated my storm. Unplug storm close desktop manager, plug storm back in and open desktop manager again. Go through the steps to install the update again. note when installing it will install on the usb port with a unknown PIN number. This is fine.
    11-30-08 04:06 PM
    Might be too late and I know I dont have the storm. My curve has done this and it was the memory card gone haywire. Reboot without the card then re format. Worked great. Something to try before going to the extreme....
    12-01-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD