Yes or No...is there anyway to view a youtube video on the Storm that gives me the "Error" message because it won't support Adobe Flash.

If it's No, thank you.

It it's Yes, Thank you and help a newbie out.

Happy Memorial Day all,

Russ
    05-23-09 02:52 AM
    You can watch YouTube on the Storm, but flash isn't supported.

You can use the YouTube app or m.youtube.com.

P.S. Welcome to CB!
    05-23-09 02:55 AM
    at least he was polite! welcome to CB newbie...if you have any questions, i write a weekly article on another website, and i'd love to have some questions from someone who is new to the device, as well as people who have had it for awhile. email address is in m signature. hope to hear from you!
    05-23-09 03:07 AM
    Thanks fellas. I can view SOME videos on YouTube on my Storm. The message I get with many other videos is "An error has occurred attempting to play media." Specifically, it seems to be anything associated with Adobe Flash player. Then, when I try to download Adobe Flash, I get another error message and it won't let me download. FYI, the particular video I'm trying to view is the Tiger Woods Nike slo-mo swing portrait.

Thanks again for the help and welcomes. I'm sure I'll be here more often.

Russ
    05-23-09 10:31 AM
    Yes or No...is there anyway to view a youtube video on the Storm that gives me the "Error" message because it won't support Adobe Flash.

If it's No, thank you.

It it's Yes, Thank you and help a newbie out.

Happy Memorial Day all,

Russ
    Yes...just go to your options from the browser and set it to blackberry. You have it on internet explorer or firefox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 12:44 PM
    sometimes even that doesn't work jimmy, its better to bookmark the mobile site, to prevent it from even trying to load the full site. once you've established that you're going to the mobile site, if you try to load a page, the cookies that it created before should redirect it to the mobile version.
    05-23-09 01:32 PM
    Just use the youtube client on bb. I've only gotten the error once and it went away after I tried to view the video a second time.

05-23-09 01:38 PM
    Thanks again everyone. Now I really feel like an ***** though. I set the options to BB, went first to Youtube Mobile, tried the video (at least 3 separate postings of the same video) and go that same error message each time.

I apologize in advance for my inability to get why this is happening. Thanking you for your help,

Russ
    05-23-09 03:18 PM
    so you went to mobile youtube, and it still gave you an error message?

here are my browser settings:
    x= enabled
    o= disabled

o - javascript
    x - prompt to enable javascript
    x - show images
    x - use background images
    x - use background images
    x - support embedded media
    browser indentification - blackberry
    05-23-09 03:23 PM
    Thanks again for all your help everyone. It's working now.

Great site, great help all around.

Russ
    05-23-09 03:43 PM
    Thanks again everyone. Now I really feel like an ***** though. I set the options to BB, went first to Youtube Mobile, tried the video (at least 3 separate postings of the same video) and go that same error message each time.

I apologize in advance for my inability to get why this is happening. Thanking you for your help,

Russ
    Hmmm..I had the same issue until I changed it to BB. Never had a problem after that.

05-23-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD