I'm trying to install Opera Mini on the Verizon/Storm by having the link sent directly to my phone. I go to the Opera Mini website, click on the Download button but just get sent back to the Download page. Nothing gets installed on my phone.

I also tried the SMS method. I received the SMS message, clicked on the link and the same thing happened: I get sent back to the Download page.

I've tried this with both Internet Browser and Blackberry Browser enabled on the Configuration screen.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks.
    01-06-09 08:03 AM
    Make sure you are on there mobile site, if you browser is set to internet explorer or firefox you will not see the download site. You have to use the BB browser
    01-06-09 08:08 AM
    That did the trick. Thanks very much!
    01-06-09 08:49 AM
    no problem
    01-06-09 08:49 AM
    How do u enter text into the address field? Or is it not possible yet.
    01-06-09 09:01 AM
    You might want to try and turn off compatibility mode from the advanced options/applications/opramini.
    01-06-09 09:03 AM
    As this version was not designed for the Storm, you have to hit the menu button and manually pull up the keyboard.
    01-06-09 09:06 AM
    You might want to try and turn off compatibility mode from the advanced options/applications/opramini.
    It was already off so I tried turning it on. When I did that i got a keyboard, but the browser window was tiny and I couldn't hide the keyboard. I think I'll just stick with the BB browser.
    01-06-09 09:09 AM
    ? it's always been possible, can you be more specific

Compatibility mode needs to stay off. Otherwise you'll be using it like on a pearl which you don't want
    01-06-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD