So my phone thinks there's a head set connected to it. I need to use the phone but nobody can hear me. I've looked everywhere to try and change the setting but can't find it. I even tried plugging the headset back in and taking it out. Nothings working. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 01:15 PM
    Sounds like you need a battey pull.
    03-03-09 01:17 PM
    Tried twice. Same thing.

03-03-09 01:18 PM
    Sounds like you need a battey pull.

Darn it pk! You beat me to it..... When in doubt YANK!
    03-03-09 01:20 PM
    call your house and hit menu activate speakerphone and do it again it activate headset? Hopefully that works! Good luck!
    03-03-09 01:22 PM
    When I hit the menu button while in a call there is no option for speaker. When I try and click the handset button while in a call nothing happens. I do see the with w/ headset symbol. Any other ideas? This sucks.

03-03-09 01:27 PM
    It should NOT get stuck in speaker, but I had that happen once too, and the pull fixed it. WORSTcase you can wipe and then reload your OS. But first try a pull and leave the battery out for a full 30 seconds.
    03-03-09 01:28 PM
    Will try. Thanks

03-03-09 01:40 PM
    No good, tried a couple more bat pulls at one minute each. Looks like i'm gonna be wiping and reloading.
    03-03-09 02:45 PM
    you should have a warranty why not go get a new phone?
    03-03-09 03:14 PM
    This is my 2nd Storm and this one clicks perfectly. Don't want to give it up for something minor like this.

Just finished wiping my phone, then reloading .109 onto it. Go to make a call, and what do you know, the phone STILL thinks theres a headset in it. Any other ideas?
    03-03-09 03:24 PM
    try disabling bluetooth? and re-enabling?

or connect to your headset and disconnect to it?

i know thats worked for me on past phones when ive had that problem.

if that stuff still doesnt work then yea.. take it to vzw, maybe they have a trick or two.. and worst case, they should give you a replacement if they cant fix it.
    03-03-09 03:30 PM
    Put the headset back in and wiggle it a little (Not just plug in and disconnect). I had this problem a couple of weeks ago and that seems to do the trick for me.

I would wiggle it around and then call my voicemail to check to see if the headset icon was still there.

Hope this helps.
    03-03-09 03:31 PM
    plug in the headset, make a call. then unplug the headset.
    03-03-09 03:32 PM
    Put the headset back in and wiggle it a little (Not just plug in and disconnect). I had this problem a couple of weeks ago and that seems to do the trick for me.

I would wiggle it around and then call my voicemail to check to see if the headset icon was still there.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks you sir! This is the one that worked for me. Thanks again everybody for all your help.
    03-03-09 03:53 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out for you!
    03-03-09 07:07 PM
    Worked for me too. Man that was driving me crazy..

Had to pull the earset out just a bit and wiggle it until it switched back
    03-11-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD