alright...i've updated my os before i'm not exactly new to this but for some reason i am not able to get this done now. i've searched threads, uninstalled, reinstalled dm. deleted vendor file. tried through loader.exe (when i do that i get a message saying hanheld app loader has stopped working) and then it shuts down. i was just going to hold tight til verizon dropped the ofiicial but i dont want to wait that long. right now i'm running a 122/5.0 hybrid. i'm in the proccess of removing dm for the 2nd time and am going to try reinstalling it. aside from 4.7 is there a particular one i should download? any help would be greatly appreciated!
    05-01-09 03:24 PM
    does no one have any ideas on this?
    05-01-09 07:27 PM
    I recommend using DM 4.6, I have had no problems with it, but did with 4.7.

Also, I suggest using AppLoader to install the new OS. If you are not familiar with that process it is:

on your computer go to Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

Then delete the Vendor file (found near the bottom of the list of files)

Then double click on Loader.exe.

For the phone not being recognized you might try another USB port.
    05-01-09 08:45 PM
    im still getting a error message saying "handheld application loader wizard has stopped working" i have no idea what to do now
    05-01-09 09:47 PM
    i had to redownload DM 4.7 for my last two upgrades each time and worked fine 132 and 141
    05-01-09 09:58 PM
    im still getting a error message saying "handheld application loader wizard has stopped working" i have no idea what to do now
    Don't use DM. Try using the application loader. Look at the revised OS upgrade instructions. Off the top of my head I don't remember the exact location of the loader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 10:00 PM
    i get the message when i do that also
    05-02-09 01:09 PM
    Can u post what version of Windows you are running?

Also are u logged on as administrator?

05-02-09 01:16 PM
    Vista and i dont think im signed in as administrator. would that make a diff?
    05-02-09 01:24 PM
    Did you delete the Vendor file? If so, do a search for Vendor file on your computer and be sure there is not another copy hidden somewhere.

Reboot your phone and computer and if those things do not work, then you may need to wipe your phone with jlcmder and reload. If that is the case, be sure to backup your data and third party apps.
    05-02-09 01:26 PM
    ive deleted the one in the app loader file and searched for another and couldn't find one. i was hoping not to have to wipe my phone but i guess thats all i have left to try. thanks to all for your help!
    05-02-09 01:55 PM
    Sign on as the admin and try the loader.exe.

If it still crashes, try to use jl_cmder as the last resort to wipe as others have suggested.

There are tutorials on this forum that should help you out. Good luck!!

05-02-09 02:01 PM
    Maybe its just vista being vista. I'm on vista and I don't have that problem.

05-02-09 03:18 PM
    Before running Loader.exe, right click on it an choose "run as adiminisrator" and see if that works
    05-02-09 03:31 PM
    will try that thank you
    05-02-09 04:02 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I have a Bold running on 4.6.0.266 and Vista Home Premium, running as an administrator. I have tried DM 4.6, 4.7 and 5.0 (currently back to 4.6) and keep getting the same message every time I try to install .93 (i have re downloaded several times).
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    05-11-09 01:49 PM
    yeah im out of luck too...ive tried everything and still nothing...dont ask me if i deleted vendor xml or tried to open apploader as administrator, or if i deleted previous versions, because ive done all of that, i even redownload dm 4.7
    05-11-09 03:48 PM
    what i got to work was i went to the official dl for my Storm and it took me to a blackberry site and it started to update my app loader and after that it worked perfectly. try that and let me know how it goes.
    05-11-09 08:01 PM
    what i got to work was i went to the official dl for my Storm and it took me to a blackberry site and it started to update my app loader and after that it worked perfectly. try that and let me know how it goes.
    did it and same problem, when it gets to searching for device software i get this handheld application loader wizard has stopped working and then "a fatal error has occurred..."
    05-12-09 06:09 PM
    now if i go to add/remove apps from the DM i get the same message
    05-12-09 06:18 PM
    i give up
    i have unistalled everything, deleted the registry entries, reinstalled everything and keep getting the message with .93
    05-12-09 07:00 PM
    i give up
    i have unistalled everything, deleted the registry entries, reinstalled everything and keep getting the message with .93
    Have you had any Hybred OS installe on your computer? If so, it is not uncommon for pieces of them to remain after uninstalling. If so, what base OS was it installed over?

If you have removed all OS (Device Software using Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, then check this location and see what is there:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files

If there is anything in the folder besides a folder for the OS you are trying to install, then delete those other items.

If that does not work, then I suggest uninstalling ALL blackberry software including DM and then cleaning the registry with something like CCleaner (a free app).

This worked for someone last week as a final resort after trying everything else.
    05-12-09 08:06 PM
    Thanks DJM
    I'm burnt out...
    I'll try it tomorrow and let you know
    05-12-09 09:23 PM
    i know this is going to sound stupid as all get out i was having the same problem and i turned on mass storage on the bb its self and taadaa it loaded fine worth a shot
    05-13-09 12:46 AM
    seems like all diff isues for each user but this one stupid thing i noticed and hit me was that i had never had a prob with the load until i turned off mass storage and when turned it back on it loaded first try
    05-13-09 12:48 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD