Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had a power button come off of my storm and have to return the device to Verizon. Our back office support said if I have a beta OS on my device, I need to remove it before returning the phone to Verizon or they have the right to void the warranty.

Upgrading the OS is easy but I have been having a **** of a time getting back to .75. I read all of the downgrade posts but for some reason, when I get to the app loader, it does not ask me if I am trying to downgrade. It just says there are no updates. Has anyone else had this problem? If I don't need the device and it is just getting sent back to Verizon is there an easy way to wipe the entire device (including the OS)? Any help in getting back to .75 is really appreciated. I have to get the phone back to them soon.
    05-19-09 02:42 PM
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had a power button come off of my storm and have to return the device to Verizon. Our back office support said if I have a beta OS on my device, I need to remove it before returning the phone to Verizon or they have the right to void the warranty.

Upgrading the OS is easy but I have been having a **** of a time getting back to .75. I read all of the downgrade posts but for some reason, when I get to the app loader, it does not ask me if I am trying to downgrade. It just says there are no updates. Has anyone else had this problem? If I don't need the device and it is just getting sent back to Verizon is there an easy way to wipe the entire device (including the OS)? Any help in getting back to .75 is really appreciated. I have to get the phone back to them soon.
    Well, without knowing what you have tried, I'll ask a basic question. Did you remove the OS that was higher from your computer?
    05-19-09 03:00 PM
    Yes, I just deleted the folder from my program files. I did not see any other instruction on removing the old OS. Were there additional steps I needed to take? Sorry I could not post the link to the chat I was referring to because crackberry would not let me insert links but it was the Noob forum on upgrade/downgrade OS.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    05-19-09 03:29 PM
    What do you mean you deleted the folder? That's not what you're suppose to do you have to do it from your program removal from your computer. Remove the program. After that do this:

Try going to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader. Open that folder and find the Vendor XML file. Delete that.

Now instead of using DM to download your OS, I'll assume you're using .75, use the Loader in the Apploader file. Double click it and try installing that way.

I'm telling you this because I'm assuming you have downloaded the OS that you want to downgrade too.

If that doesn't work next time you come back tell us everything you have done that it tells you on the Noob list for downgrading. And thanks for searching before asking.
    Last edited by hookbill; 05-19-09 at 04:05 PM.
    05-19-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD