I called verizon a couple of days ago and ordered a replacement for my blackberry storm. I'm still under the 30 day warranty. I dropped my phone earlier today and it has a ding on the bottom corner!! I remember the rep i spoke to told me if they find anything wrong with the phone they will charge me full retail!! what do i do now??? help!!
    12-28-08 08:58 PM
    Call up and tell the truth? Also you can take a chance and probably won't get charged.

Put a note on the phone stating that "it came this way"
    12-28-08 09:00 PM
    Yikes. How big is the "ding" ?
    12-28-08 09:03 PM
    Yikes. How big is the "ding" ?
    let's just say its noticeable
    12-28-08 09:08 PM
    You should probably call them and tell them you dropped it while your replacement is in route. See what they say. Having them charge full retail for the phone is $$$.
    12-28-08 09:10 PM
    I called verizon a couple of days ago and ordered a replacement for my blackberry storm. I'm still under the 30 day warranty. I dropped my phone earlier today and it has a ding on the bottom corner!! I remember the rep i spoke to told me if they find anything wrong with the phone they will charge me full retail!! what do i do now??? help!!
    I think I'd call and apply the insurance NOW...before your replacement arrives. If they try to charge you for it, tell them you have the insurance and ask them to handle it that way and that you didn't figure it was a big deal since it was coming back under the 30 day warranty anyway. The insurance costs about $7 and your phone must be working and in your possession to apply it. I've never had then "check" my phone prior to applying it.

I go through a few phones a year because of the nature of my work. I've always carried the insurance and never been refused a claim...even when i dropped it down floor flights of stairs and lost the back. Of course i had to pay the $35 fee with my claim, but that would be better than retail.

Just a suggestion...

Cheers!

PS Be nice to the rep you talk to. Ultimately, they have the power to interpret what you're telling them against or in your favor...plus, no one likes to be given a hard time.
    12-28-08 09:21 PM
    Check to see if you have insurance. I wouldn't take a chance with turning in a damaged phone. I won't get replacment until Tuesday and when I say that I am treating my current baby like a queen. And I am going to have it all ready to go when the FedEx guy makes his delivery.

There are several post where people are returning phone for a legit reason but before they can give their devices into FedEx's hands they damage their device in one way or another. And then they receive bad advice from people say don't worry about it, send it back, I like to err on the side of caution.
    12-28-08 09:27 PM
    I think I'd call and apply the insurance NOW...before your replacement arrives. If they try to charge you for it, tell them you have the insurance and ask them to handle it that way and that you didn't figure it was a big deal since it was coming back under the 30 day warranty anyway. The insurance costs about $7 and your phone must be working and in your possession to apply it. I've never had then "check" my phone prior to applying it.

I go through a few phones a year because of the nature of my work. I've always carried the insurance and never been refused a claim...even when i dropped it down floor flights of stairs and lost the back. Of course i had to pay the $35 fee with my claim, but that would be better than retail.

Just a suggestion...

Cheers!

PS Be nice to the rep you talk to. Ultimately, they have the power to interpret what you're telling them against or in your favor...plus, no one likes to be given a hard time.
    I do have insurance...sounds like a good idea...i think i'll try that..

Thanks to everyone for your help...I'm new here and didn't know where else to turn..I've only looked through these forums before but finally registered.
    12-28-08 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD