So, I've done a search and don't see anything about this particular issue.

This just started within the past couple of days.

I use Google calendar as my default and have only ever synced this calendar with my Storm. I use Google Sync, and have all the settings set so that it SHOULD only show these calendar items. While I had issues before with GoogleSync duplicating Contacts, that seems to have been resolved (with the help of folks here) and I've never had such a problem with the Calendar.

Anyway, a few days ago I started noticing that all my calendar entries are being duplicated. Clicking around, in the menu I found that I now have the option of selecting among 4 calendars associated with the 4 email accounts I have syncing with my Storm (I don't recall seeing this beforel) I've tried moving the selection from "Show All Calendars" to only showing my Google calendar, which works for the moment, but as soon as I leave the calendar then go back in the duplications appear again.

But, here's the odd thing: the duplicate entries are showing up as being from one of my 3 Yahoo email accounts. The thing is, though, I don't use that calendar for anything and have confirmed that there are absolutely no entries in the calendar for this particular Yahoo account. I've also confirmed that I do not have duplicate entries in my Google calendar.

I've clicked around all the options and settings I can think of, searched help and here and I'm coming up blank.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a fix?

Oh, and I'm still back in the stone age using 320. Hey, it works for me; what can I say?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    05-25-10 10:59 AM
    Anytime I ever have a calendar sync problem I go into Options>advanced options>service books, and delete any entries with [CICAL] after it. I had a similar, if not identical, issue a while back. This has fixed it a few times.
    However, try it at your own risk. I dont' think it can hurt anything per se, but just in case you lose some of your calendar entries. Always fixed my problem though.
    Last edited by bamalamwoahblackberry; 05-25-10 at 12:16 PM.
    05-25-10 12:09 PM
    See, I KNEW someone here could help! I deleted all the CICAL entries except for my gmail account, and all the other calendar options and entries disappeared, which is fine by me because I don't use them or want them on my BB.

We'll see what happens next time I send Service Books for some reason.

Thanks again. At least it seems to be working for now!
    05-25-10 02:06 PM
    So, now it's back, sort of. I have duplicate entries again, but now they're showing up in an angry red color and are related to a new calendar option called "device default". I'm now starting to wonder if this doesn't have something to do with Google upgrades I remember hearing about. I'm wondering if maybe I Google/gmail is now syncing its calendar directly without the need for GoogleSync and by having GS installed it's causing duplicate entries. I did a test and note that when I sent an email from my gmail account it shows up as a sent item on my BB, which also only started happening recently. Will look into this and report back.
    05-25-10 03:56 PM
    That is a possibility.

open your calendar hit the BB key and choose options from the menu. What calendars are listed? click on your google calendar and see if Wireless Synchronization is enabled?

Also check in the google sync app. hit the BB key and choose options from the menu. Click on your calendars under "Sync these Calendars:" at the bottom. What is the option chosen under "Add new handheld events to".

See if there isn't some weird kind of double sync setup.
    05-25-10 05:47 PM
    So, I've done a search and don't see anything about this particular issue.

This just started within the past couple of days.

I use Google calendar as my default and have only ever synced this calendar with my Storm. I use Google Sync, and have all the settings set so that it SHOULD only show these calendar items. While I had issues before with GoogleSync duplicating Contacts, that seems to have been resolved (with the help of folks here) and I've never had such a problem with the Calendar.

Anyway, a few days ago I started noticing that all my calendar entries are being duplicated. Clicking around, in the menu I found that I now have the option of selecting among 4 calendars associated with the 4 email accounts I have syncing with my Storm (I don't recall seeing this beforel) I've tried moving the selection from "Show All Calendars" to only showing my Google calendar, which works for the moment, but as soon as I leave the calendar then go back in the duplications appear again.

But, here's the odd thing: the duplicate entries are showing up as being from one of my 3 Yahoo email accounts. The thing is, though, I don't use that calendar for anything and have confirmed that there are absolutely no entries in the calendar for this particular Yahoo account. I've also confirmed that I do not have duplicate entries in my Google calendar.

I've clicked around all the options and settings I can think of, searched help and here and I'm coming up blank.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a fix?

Oh, and I'm still back in the stone age using 320. Hey, it works for me; what can I say?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Check if your Default calendar is still ur google calendar
    05-25-10 10:45 PM
    I've had the exact same problem! I thought I was going crazy because I had a hotmail account that was showing up in the calendar that I KNOW had no buisness there. I deleted Google sync and that deleted a lot of them after the reboot. Also on my options screen "wireless sync" was greyed out and was set to "no".
    05-26-10 04:04 AM
    I've checked again and the calendars that now show up for my device are my google calendar and "device default"; google is set as my default calendar, and, like Carolina, my wireless sync is grayed out and set to off (for both calendars.)

I'm thinking I may need to delete GoogleSync and see if Gmail isn't now syncing calendars, as well as contacts and mail, without the need of GoogleSync (even though there has been no notification to that effect, and in my BIS account there is no option to sync calendars under my gmail account.) Don't know what else it could be.
    05-26-10 05:33 AM
    Just trying to help others who I've seen are having this same problem.

What finally worked for me was the following:

Wiped the calendar (calendar>options>type "wipe" and click OK to wipe calendar)

Deleted all calendars (options>advanced options>service books and delete all CICAL entries)

deleted GoogleSync

reset/battery pull

install GoogleSync and set it up to sync my Google Calendar again.

All is back to normal now

Hope this helps if anyone has the same problem.

Good luck.
    sgreen56 likes this.
    05-28-10 09:44 PM
    I've always had this problem. Every entry is triplicated and I've just learned to deal with it. Even my contacts get duplicated despite me selecting the option to not change anything on my device or outlook when I sync
    05-28-10 11:41 PM
    i got a better one for you ,, all of mine have disappeared lol
    05-29-10 07:04 AM
    this tips seem to be working for me, thx
    05-29-10 10:41 AM
    On my 9700 every time I upgrade the OS and relogin to Google Sync, I get duplicate entries. (OS upgrade process includes full backup and restore) so what I do now is...

- After upgrading OS and restore
    - use Desktop Manager, "Advanced" and select the Calendar and Calendar Options entries. Click "Clear."
    - Now log into Google Sync and begin the sync.
    05-30-10 11:25 PM
    TrekkieMonster,

Your tips worked for my Curve; thank you!
    10-07-10 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD