Okay so I bought 2 storms about 2 months ago and im ready to upgrade the OS. Im running stock as of now and im ready to try to make my storm better.

1. Im a huge noob when it comes to the Storm. So please no Abbr. because I have no idea what any of them mean on the "sticky's" there are.

2. I will need step by step help on choosing and installing a new OS.

3. Im on Verizon.

4. Anyone up for the challenge of my help cry?!

Thanks in advance

DK
    05-19-09 10:29 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

You need to read this...this will tell you all you need to know
    05-19-09 10:34 PM
    you can PM me and Ill give you my tele. Im on verizon too and will walk u through it..
    05-19-09 10:35 PM
    Zanski, if I was installing an OS for the first time with the options that are available, I would install .122. That has been the most stable on my phone.
    Depends, you want me to simply name an OS for you? Currently running .132, and find it very solid. If you want someone to patiently walk you through the upgrade step by step, send me a PM. Always happy to help.
    I don't understand what you are looking for. You want a step by step guide I don't see how we can give you better instructions.

Tell you what. At least try the noob thread. If you have issues then ask for help. Its easy to do and I will be honest. If you can't understand the directions at all, maybe you should wait for an official.

Good luck if you do try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 10:44 PM
    Ive tried to make sence on the "NOOB HELP" thread but its so all over the place with the 30+ different links, abbr's and options I just got really confused on where to start. Ill shoot out some PM's. Thanks for the quick responces!!
    05-19-09 10:51 PM
    Ive tried to make sence on the "NOOB HELP" thread but its so all over the place with the 30+ different links, abbr's and options I just got really confused on where to start. Ill shoot out some PM's. Thanks for the quick responces!!
    In my opinion, if reading that thread makes you confused, you really should not be messing around with a leaked OS.
    05-19-09 10:57 PM
    Well I had no problem unlocking and jailbreaking my iPhone. It was a little easier explained. Im just trying to see if someone can make better sence of the terminology for me. Found some help though so thanks
    05-19-09 11:08 PM
    In my opinion, if reading that thread makes you confused, you really should not be messing around with a leaked OS.
    Keep in mind that we use a lot of acronyms for things that, while obvious to us, may not be as easy to grasp to the new user.
    05-19-09 11:14 PM
    Keep in mind that we use a lot of acronyms for things that, while obvious to us, may not be as easy to grasp to the new user.

10 char
    05-19-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD