Hi everyone! As the title indicates, I'm a BRAND NEW BB user.

First, my question...anybody know how I can open a .pdf from a websites drop down menu (no "go) button). Automatically redirects to the .pdf file.

Second, so far, pretty happy with Storm - exept (3 biggest probs):

1) ringer is WAY quiet and no vibe-ring.
    2) sometimes it's very hard to make kewyboard go away by swiping...have to use menu.
    3) exiting (and using for that matter) VZNav is a HUGE P.I.T.A.!!!

I switched from a LG Dare and for the most part, landscape keyboard and accelerometer the same, speed and all....the Storm's is actually more responsive!!!

Thanks for your help in advance.
    11-29-08 12:31 AM
    If you don't use them delete VZNav and Visual Voicemail. It'll make things better.

You can make it vibe than ring if that's what your'e looking for.
    11-29-08 12:36 AM
    If you don't use them delete VZNav and Visual Voicemail. It'll make things better.

Yeah VZNav is almost useless and VV too.

I think bob is referring to some apps that will make you cough up a little cash. I don't really understand what you're asking about the PDF thing...

Can we further assist you n00b? lol jkjkjk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 12:40 AM
    Don't know a thing about the Storm but wanted to say welcome!
    11-29-08 12:42 AM

I use both...hopefully they'll get better later.

Wish phone rang and vibed at same time.
    11-29-08 02:26 AM
    Welcome to the Blackberry world lol There's no turning back now muahahaha! lol

-The keyboard isn't too hard to swipe away, just make sure that your finger goes all the way to the bottom of the screen. It'll usually highlight the "Spacebar" and then the keyboard will disappear.

-I agree with the previous posters; I deleted both VZ Nav and VV, and my Storm runs so much better lol Although, that was before I installed about 15 apps in their place hahaha But it's still running pretty well =)...nothing this next OS update won't fix lol (hopefully will be out today or tomorrow)

-Vibe-ring issue; BB/Verizon is most likely working on a solution for it, and if not, Crackberry will undoubtedly make some super-app for it =P I seen/read about one earlier today, but can't remember where it was, sorry =/

Just keep at it and stay up-to-date on the forums and you'll know everything you need to about being a BB'er...and more to the point, a Storm BB'er =)

Laterz and welcome again!
    11-29-08 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD