I bought my first storm at Best Buy on 12/8/08. it was defective so they replaced it with a new one on 12/20/08. The other day I was looking at my bill and noticed I wasnt being charged for insurance. I called Verizon and they said it was taken off on the 12/20 by the Best Buy when I got my replacement phone. The Verizon rep told me she could add the feature but I would just be paying for it when assurion wouldnt honor any claims because it has to be added the day you get a new phone or within 15 days from it. So the only way to get it added is to buy a new phone full price or if Best Buy will swap out for a new one and add it at the time of exchanging it but I am having trouble with them doing that since I am past 30 days. Someone please give me some advice.
    03-20-09 08:34 AM
    Sorry if this sounds rude, but the best advice I can give is never shop at Best Buy. As you can see, the customer is never right there!
    I would throw a fit right in the store. Demand the Store General Manager.
    03-20-09 08:49 AM
    i agree, best buy did you wrong... you have to take it up with them since they removed the insurance without your authorizaton
    03-20-09 08:59 AM
    I must agree with the other two poster - never buy with a second or third party for the reason you mentioned. I'm dating myself here, but I could recall the days when if you bought from an outside source, ie best buy, you were actually entering into two contracts. So if you wanted to terminate the contract, you had to do twice - lots of money just to end a contract.
    03-20-09 09:11 AM
    Agreed if you originally had insurance and then they removed it or did not transfer it i would raise **** and demand a manager, but in a nice way to make sure my problem gets resolved.
    03-20-09 09:15 AM
    Call verizon request supervisor explain situation only problem is that assurion performs and audit to make sure the phone was added at a certain time easy fix ask Verizon to perform what they call a dummy swap then add the insurance
    03-20-09 09:25 AM
    I called asurion and told them the story again and they said they would add it and send the request to verizon and note it so that they will honor a claim if I have one in the future. Do you guys think I should settle for that? and actually trust that the claim will be honored when I have one?
    03-20-09 01:05 PM
    Get it in writing from Assurion. If you have it in writing and they mess with you with not accepting a claim, you can write to your attorney general's office and they will help you get your claim resolved. Again, only if you have proof. I was promised a $100 difference between my phone that dropped in price and it was the 16th day. I gave the girl a recomendation and I never got the discount. I called Verizon corporate and they got in touch with the girl and she said she never promised me that. Don't ever accept word of mouth, you MUST ALWAYS GET IT IN WRITING.
    03-20-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD