I have a Storm 9530 unlocked for T-Mobile. For the last few months, my phone has been randomly making calls, primarily to the first name in my contact list but sometimes to the first name in the call log. It also will answer calls automatically before I even hear the phone ring. I have wiped the phone completely and re-installed different OSs thinking that may be the problem, but that fix only works temporarily for a day or so and then the phone goes back to this bizarre behavior. The only thing I can think of is that somehow there is a virus of some kind that gets reloaded back on to the phone after I restore in Desktop Manager. Is there a way to scan the phone or the phone backup file for viruses? Is there any other reason this could be happening? I should also mention that the phone Bluetooth has stopped enabling and Blackberry Messenger shows installed on the application list, but the icon never shows on the phone (its not hidden anywhere either). Please help!!!
    08-20-10 04:15 PM
    Have you checked the ring settings on the phone to make sure that it's not set to auto-dial or auto-answer? Also, Maybe try switching the button on the side of the phone so that it's not set to the Voice dial function (If it is).

Hope that helps.
    08-23-10 12:23 AM
    I've always had auto answer set to "Never" and I have removed the voice dial option from the phone. The phone screen continuously pops up no matter what I'm trying to do (text, email or any other application). I hit the end button and the screen keeps popping up. I'm frustrated enough to take a hammer to it. The phone is useless to me in this condition.
    08-23-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD