Ok i wiped my phone using jlcmdr and i have the white screen that says reload software but my computer wont recognize the phone. I tried the method in crucials tutorial post and the nuked blackberry tutorial and i cant get anything to work can someone please help me.
    12-09-08 05:59 AM
    whoopsies, it's fried... sell it to me for $100!

j/k don't give up, keep trying the nuked berry methods until it conforms.... fried a couple Curves myself, and it once took me 24hrs to revive one that had the same issue with not being recognized. once took a different PC before it was recognized.
    12-09-08 06:03 AM
    Why do Newbies do these things. Oh well!

• Do you have Desktop Manager installed?
    • Do you have an OS installed on your PC?
    • Download and install CrackMem and CrackUtil from the links in my signature.
    • Do a battery pull.
    • Do not run Desktop Manager. Run CrackUtil and see if you can at least see the device PIN displayed at the bottonm of the CrackUtil panel.
    • If you see this, use the Advanced Taab and wipe the device. The phone should now display JVN 507 (no OS present).
    • Kill CrackUtil and run Desktop Manager.

Hopefully it will now work. There is more we can do if this fails.
    12-09-08 06:12 AM
    ok i will try those things and i dont consider myself a newbie i have a pretty good amount of computer experience and i have successfully wiped this storm and my previous pearl many times before, i am only a newbie to posting here. thanks for the suggestions i will post my results.
    12-09-08 06:34 AM
    Make sure u are not using a Mac running BootCamp, i had this same problem yesterday and came home plugged in my old toshiba running XP and it worked flawlessly using the "Update" feature of the BB device software update website.

btw, the Mac is running Vista Ultimate.. maybe thats the problem? either way i know it worked on my other laptop running XP so try another computer
    12-09-08 06:40 AM
    ok here is what I have, windows vista pc, verizon official OS .75 insalled on pc, desktop manager, and crackutil installed. Computer wont recognize phone no matter what I do.When i do a battery pull with phone connected to pc the only thing i get is a blank screen with red led. After I disconnect usb cable i get the white screen with 507 error.
    12-09-08 06:50 AM
    Ok try this use apploader...it is in the rim folder under apploader it is called loader.exe fire it up FIRST disconnect the phone then launch loader click next and you will see com1 or com2 thats okay now plug your phone in and when you see the usb pin: click next and you should be groovin
    12-09-08 06:55 AM
    Already tried that about ten times, thats what the tutorial in crackberry 101 says
    12-09-08 07:04 AM
    Have you tried a different computer, or at least restarting the one you are using. I have had some issues wiht my PC where the USB would no longer detect the Storm.
    12-09-08 07:35 AM
    Ok i just tried it on a computer running xp sp2 and the found new hardware wizard pops up so the computer is seeing it but none of the programs recognized it not even crackutil any ideas.
    12-09-08 08:03 AM
    try to use the blackberry online updater with the battery pulled but the phone plugged in... when it comes up it should say USB-PIN: UNKNOWN but it will load the software, before it finishes put the battery in to it can turn on after the new OS is installed
    12-09-08 08:07 AM
    ok i cant get anything to work do you think i should just contact verizon about a replacement
    12-09-08 08:43 AM

• Do you have Desktop Manager installed?
    • Do you have an OS installed on your PC?
    • Download and install CrackMem and CrackUtil from the links in my signature.
    • Do a battery pull.
    • Do not run Desktop Manager. Run CrackUtil and see if you can at least see the device PIN displayed at the bottonm of the CrackUtil panel.
    • If you see this, use the Advanced Taab and wipe the device. The phone should now display JVN 507 (no OS present).
    • Kill CrackUtil and run Desktop Manager.

Hopefully it will now work. There is more we can do if this fails.
    (One more for the list above)
    Use direct connection to a real USB port (don't use a USB hub). Try a different USB port - most computers have several to choose from.
    12-09-08 09:02 AM
    It is amazing how many problems are caused by a badly programmed seat-to-keyboard interface module.
    12-09-08 09:05 AM
    If you have a different BB available check that it is accessible through the USB and you can make a backup (or something). This should eliminate most cable and USB faults from the debate.

Make sure you are using the latest version of loader, not one you thought was uninstalled and replaced last year! Try one of the older loader versions.

As usual, make sure you really removed vendor.xml - Even if you think your OS and phone are from the same vendor, bugs can happen.

ok i cant get anything to work do you think i should just contact verizon about a replacement
    Would you expect a computer manufacturer to replace your new laptop if you deleted the OS and BIOS?
    12-09-08 09:18 AM
    They will swap it for you if you tell them u tried to do the update off their website, but there is NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE. ...you got urself into this, make it happen dude. I spent all day yesterday with "reload software:507" until i figured it out.

If you do swap it, ask them to do any future updates for you and save urself the headache.
    12-09-08 09:31 AM
    Can you get back into it with JL_Commander?
    12-09-08 09:33 AM
    ok just because i messed something up and dont know how to fix it, does that mean im a newbie, and i didnt say i wanted verizon to replace it for free but my rep usually gives me a decent deal if i need to exchange a damaged phone. Pete you said in your post there were other things we could try, care to share.
    12-09-08 10:49 PM
    ok guys i think i got it, I found the usb drivers on the blackberry site and reinstalled them apploader.exe is installing OS as I type
    12-10-08 12:35 AM
    congrats then
    12-10-08 12:41 AM
    Patience goes a long way. Congrats.
    12-10-08 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD