My friend tried to update his Storm on my computer. I have a Tour, and we connected the data cable and tried to update. It recognized the Storm but didn't finish the update.

So this is what I get when I try to use Apploader....

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have the BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

Please help! I have not been able to get the phone to be recognized and I get a 507 error....need to load an OS on the phone, please!
    05-07-10 03:24 PM
    Do you have the OS for a storm on your PC? That is the first thing you need to do, without it your friend is SOL.
    05-07-10 03:31 PM
    Could it be that simple, just download an OS and install it to the phone, without Apploader or DM?
    05-07-10 03:34 PM
    You may have to uninstall the Tour from your PC and then install the Storm OS
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 03:35 PM
    There is no need to uninstall your Tour OS. I have a Storm 2 and my wife has a Curve, I have both OS on the same PC and I update my Storm 2 all the time. Just install the storm OS to your PC and launch app loader in the storm OS folder on your PC.
    05-07-10 03:40 PM
    Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    Eek! I have tried to look at the Root USB info, but there are no checks on the options for power management. What next? This was a working phone before it nuked on our upgrade attempt...
    05-07-10 04:23 PM
    Try to use DM>Application Loader in 'Update Software' click on "start"See if this will help!
    05-07-10 07:16 PM
    This is a USB power issue. I moved to a different computer and was able to load a new OS on the nuked phone without issue.
    05-07-10 07:38 PM
    install storm OS on pc. connect device. go to program files>common files>reasearch in motion>apploader and open loader. click next as soon as you get the RED light after a battery pull. this should do the job. if doesnt; try again coz this is the only way to do it
    *be sure you remove Vendor file (if exist) in apploader folder before executing loader
    Last edited by shahriyar; 05-07-10 at 11:33 PM.
    05-07-10 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD