I updated this morning and now my contacts aree all messed up. It has random contact information under other peoples name and double or triples some entries! How do I fix this?? The screen also seems kind of "sticky". HELP!
    04-11-10 09:05 PM
    I updated this morning and now my contacts aree all messed up. It has random contact information under other peoples name and double or triples some entries! How do I fix this?? The screen also seems kind of "sticky". HELP!
    I'm have the same problem. It is very annoying. Has anyone found a solution. I am running 607.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 07:37 AM
    Google sync was the culprit on my phone. Make sure u don't have it set to auto sync. I haven't gotten it to play nice on 607 so I just don't use it.

04-30-10 08:46 AM
    Google sync was the culprit on my phone. Make sure u don't have it set to auto sync. I haven't gotten it to play nice on 607 so I just don't use it.

Google sync was my problem too. I went back to .517 and everything is good again, however with .607 I could go to my gmail account and delete the multiples and it did not happen anymore, sync worked fine after that.
    04-30-10 08:56 AM
    Mine was Backup Assistant from Verizon. It downloaded all my old numbers into my BB and I ended up with 42 additional numbers. I sent some texts to people that I shouldn't have. oops...

Thanks goodness I had my Device Manager up to date. I just used it to clean up my Contacts. Verizon and I have been talking about it. Apparently, I don't know yet as they don't know, any changes made to Back up Assistant only take affect at midnight that day. Just make sure Back up Assistant doesn't back up on your BB before Verizon has done their midnight cleanup of the contacts you erased that day.
    04-30-10 09:29 AM
    yes google sync sucks *** IMO. I will stick with outlook
    04-30-10 03:03 PM
    Funny, I logged on specifically to look for alternatives to Google Sync for the same reason. I'm fed up. In addition to the duplicated info and other issues, once again -- for the umpteenth time -- it has just randomly deleted some of my contacts. And, no -- before anyone suggests it -- it's not user error. At least nothing I did other than relying on Google Sync. And I'm still on 320, and have had problem from the beginning.

Does anyone have any suggestions for another program to use to sync contacts (and calendar) with that's more stable. I'd happily go with Outlook, which I've used for years, but my company "doesn't do the BES thing", so I can't sync with my work Outlook.

I'm at my wit's end. And, I ask this here in the hope that we can help the OP avoid the frustration I've gone through for the past 6 months.

Thanks for any insight, and good luck to the OP.
    04-30-10 03:52 PM
    Ok. I figured what my issue was. It has something to do with the wireless sync settings in the contacts list options. My contact was set to sync wirelessly sync my contacts to my email. I think this conflicts with google sync. It also does not allow you to sync with DM either. I had to disable the sync. Delete google sync. Then re-sync contacts with DM. It seems to be working fine now.

04-30-10 04:30 PM
    glad you found a solution. I also found that suggestion and am going to try it, but am not sure that will fix my random delete issue, though it would be nice if it fixed the duplication (multiplication) of contact info. Hope it fixes all your problems!
    05-01-10 05:24 AM
    Exsqueeze me, but what the heck is 607.
    04-06-13 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD