So, theres really no where good to start, but;
    I've had my storm since the day after Christmas, and it's worked well, and i haven't really had many reasons to bring it back. besides some annoying dirt particles underneath the screen.
    the real purpose of the post is, i'm very well convinced my storm is ********...
    Now, I'm no n00b with my phone, and it's not to be said im having troubles with finding icons, or things like that.

When I make a call, that (to my knowledge) is longer than 10 minutes, my Data no longer works. I will talk merrily, and then once i close the call, AIM is no longer connected (and just constantly says connecting, but never does) BBbrowser doesn't connect anymore. Trying to load a page, it will continually request, but never receive. and email, and other data services don't work.
    My EV still shows good.
    I've got the capitalized 1XEV, but no actual connection. and the only way i've found to fix it is to do a battery pull, which im unsure if you fellows have the same issue, but my battery pull takes about 15 minutes to start back up from.

and the major issue that really gets to me, is when i put music on my phone, my songs are cut oddly.
    to clarify, i do not use any management utilities to do it, and the music on my PC is all intact.
    I will connect my storm, and open my music folder within windows explorer, and copy my files to my music.
    and as it hasn't happened to ALL my music, it's happened to quite a few.
    One CD, the intro makes the entire album. but the intro is cut off, and it starts about 6 seconds into the song (though the counter says 0.00)
    it's done this to a few albums as well. starting about 5-10 seconds into the song. and this is the clincher... my storm identifies the length of the song, as what it does on my PC. but weather i plug in my USB and play the MP3 on my computer, or listen to it on my storm, my songs all start late.

Sorry for the long post, but any help here guys?
    03-07-09 07:01 AM
    Have you upgraded your OS to the latest beta? Give that a try and see if it doesn't fix a lot of your problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:36 AM
    i would upgrade to .109
    03-07-09 09:39 AM
    So, theres really no where good to start, but;
    I've had my storm since the day after Christmas, and it's worked well, and i haven't really had many reasons to bring it back. besides some annoying dirt particles underneath the screen.
    the real purpose of the post is, i'm very well convinced my storm is ********...
    Now, I'm no n00b with my phone, and it's not to be said im having troubles with finding icons, or things like that.

When I make a call, that (to my knowledge) is longer than 10 minutes, my Data no longer works. I will talk merrily, and then once i close the call, AIM is no longer connected (and just constantly says connecting, but never does) BBbrowser doesn't connect anymore. Trying to load a page, it will continually request, but never receive. and email, and other data services don't work.
    My EV still shows good.
    I've got the capitalized 1XEV, but no actual connection. and the only way i've found to fix it is to do a battery pull, which im unsure if you fellows have the same issue, but my battery pull takes about 15 minutes to start back up from.

and the major issue that really gets to me, is when i put music on my phone, my songs are cut oddly.
    to clarify, i do not use any management utilities to do it, and the music on my PC is all intact.
    I will connect my storm, and open my music folder within windows explorer, and copy my files to my music.
    and as it hasn't happened to ALL my music, it's happened to quite a few.
    One CD, the intro makes the entire album. but the intro is cut off, and it starts about 6 seconds into the song (though the counter says 0.00)
    it's done this to a few albums as well. starting about 5-10 seconds into the song. and this is the clincher... my storm identifies the length of the song, as what it does on my PC. but weather i plug in my USB and play the MP3 on my computer, or listen to it on my storm, my songs all start late.

Sorry for the long post, but any help here guys?
    I had that issue with the data connection with my 8830WE. There were 2 fixes for it. One was a battery pull the other was to go to manage connections and turn the connection for the mobile network off until it stated that it was off by the signal meter then turn it back on.
    03-07-09 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the help so far guys! I'm about to upgrade to .109 and see if it helps any, but has any one besides me had the music issue? it's really aggravating, and it's happened since i upgraded to .90

Oh, and on another note, has anyone else had screen issues with their menu?
    For example, just 5 minutes ago, i accidentally went to the wrong contact to message them, and i hit my BB button to delete the message, but it wouldn't let me select it.
    the hover works, and i can slide around on things, but click, BBmenu, Back, and talk all don't respond. only button i can get to work when this happens is end.
    Its easily fixed with a battery pull, but it's kinda odd, and its happened a few times.

But thank yo again guys, ill be back in 20 or so minutes and let you know how the 109 upgrade went!
    Cheers :]
    03-07-09 12:05 PM
    Okay, so here's the update (for those left reading)
    I upgraded to .109 and many things are doing much better.
    my EV connection hasn't had problems as of yet, and my music is no longer cut short.
    but i am now getting the spinning clock hand. CONSTANTLY
    opening, closing, running of ANY apps and the loading clock pops up.
    even when idle its spinning and murdering my system.
    not sure what's making it happen, but i'll look further into it!
    03-07-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD