I have quite a few .avi files for my movies and i was wondering what format they would need to be converted into so i could put them on my storm. i also have several MKV files that i would love to convert.

thanks!
    and sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, im a little disappointed about the "big news" about the app store that was just released. major letdown
    03-04-09 09:31 PM
    You will need to convert them to a mp4 format (can be in an mp4 or a 3gp format) with AAC sound encoding.
    03-04-09 09:38 PM
    I have quite a few .avi files for my movies and i was wondering what format they would need to be converted into so i could put them on my storm. i also have several MKV files that i would love to convert.

thanks!
    and sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, im a little disappointed about the "big news" about the app store that was just released. major letdown
    The Desktop Manager can convert .avi files into .mp4 files for you. This is where Roxio comes in. But the conversion process is very slow. For a regular movie in .avi format, it will take about an hour to convert, even on my Duo Core laptop with 2GB RAM.

Hope this helps.
    03-04-09 09:54 PM
    yea i tried using the desktop manager but when i sent it to my storm i couldnt find it on the device.
    03-05-09 06:10 PM
    delete bbthumbs.dat from the video folder and try again. sometimes it doesn't quite pick them up (assuming you converted it right of course)

There's alot of programs out there that will do a better job of compressing a video than roxio will.
    03-05-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD