Heyy, just received my insurance replacement fro my blackberry storm 9530, but it is missing almost all the necessary apps, i.e app center, visual voicemail, and the browser, as well my push email does not appear to be working. Does anyone have any ideas for this admittedly lazy person so he does not have to go to the verizon store
    01-02-09 10:26 AM
    Go to DM, plug both devices in and hit switch devices options on DM. Make sure all the check boxes on the right are checked. You can choose which apps to install in the next window after you hit next.

Your replacement will not have info from your last phone on it...for obvious reasons.

Good luck!
    01-02-09 10:29 AM
    make sure the device is registered on the network. Go to options > advanced options > host routing table.

If its blank click register and hyou should get a message saying welcome. If that doesnt work try a battery pull
    Last edited by jratzo; 01-02-09 at 10:34 AM.
    01-02-09 10:31 AM
    Battery Pulls are your best friend...You should receive a message, once the phone restarts, about allowing vvwlistener or something like that. That will give the apps you are missing
    01-02-09 10:37 AM
    batt pulls will not miraculously restore missing apps on a phone tho it is your best friend for sure.

You should have gotten an email on how to activate your phone from vzw.
    01-02-09 10:40 AM
    Thanks guys, i tried te battery pull, it didnt work, and i had already tried using the desktop manager to use my back up that i saved before my prior phone went kaput. Any other ideas?
    01-02-09 10:43 AM
    actually it will if it gets the device registered on the network. If its not regiestered you will not see the brower etc... I work with tons of them and have done this many times, and actually did it yesterday, with a curve.
    01-02-09 10:43 AM
    also, i have activated the phone, and it is running on the network, receiving texts and making calls alright
    01-02-09 10:44 AM
    Thanks guys, i tried te battery pull, it didnt work, and i had already tried using the desktop manager to use my back up that i saved before my prior phone went kaput. Any other ideas?
    Is it registered on the network? Did you check the host routing table?
    01-02-09 10:44 AM
    also, i have activated the phone, and it is running on the network, receiving texts and making calls alright
    Thats not the data network, that stuff will work with nothign in the host routing table, please check it and let me know.
    01-02-09 10:45 AM
    alright just hecked the host routing table it is filled with various forms of Verizon [number] and Verizon [1240] is bolded
    01-02-09 10:52 AM
    ok, sorry don't have an answer for you then? except maybe they are hidden on the home screen click the blackberry button and select show all. Or do this in whatever they should be in.
    01-02-09 10:54 AM
    nope nothing hidden, guess its off to the verizon store
    01-02-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD