Before I had my first coffee this morning I set my storm down somewhere and now I can't find it. Tried calling it but it goes right into voice mail.

When I go to bed I put it in my oem horizontal charger (the one that makes it look like a clock). Last night I remember accidentally hitting a menu option for bedside mode and I think that is what is putting right into voice mail.

Is there any way to remotely deactivate the bedside mode by calling? I've looked for it for 2 hours and feel like I'm losing my mind! Thanks. woot
    05-16-09 02:26 PM
    Not that I am aware of. I would suggest you check in the closet. I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten my storm there while getting out my tie in the morning.

You might call tech support and see if they can take it out of bedside mode, but that might be a long shot.
    Thanks msherro. I was going to call but couldn't find the number.. so I came here instead. Anyone have the bb spt number handy.

Good thing i still have a land line
    05-16-09 02:40 PM
    try 1 800 922 0204
    05-16-09 03:04 PM
    Not helpful for now... but check out SmrtGuard. It has a homing tone that can be activated even if the phone is on silent or in bedside mode.

SmrtGuard is still in Beta, but they say it will go on sale for about $45 a year starting May 25.

Clicky
    05-16-09 07:34 PM
    Actually, as the old ways go, think back to your morning on the things you did and trace back your steps.

My son lost/misplaced his monopoly dice over a month ago and asked me to find it for him and I traced his steps and daily activities and after 45 minutes of searching the bedroom and his game room, I found it tucked inside a hidden compartment in his train set.

Check your jacket, toilet - shaving cabinet, coffee cabinet and refrigerator.

-GGR
    05-16-09 07:41 PM
    Hey did you ever find your Storm? I can't imagine being without mine all day.
    Good luck.
    05-16-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD