I took the plunge and upgraded to BBCrackman's v5.1 hybrid but I seem to be losing a lot of memory and would appreciate any help. I boot up around 26 but I drop very quickly to around 19 or lower. I have the following apps:

VZ Navigator
    V-Cast Music
    Weather Bug
    Weather Eye
    StormSlider
    StormLock
    Visual Voice Mail
    Facebook
    QuickPull
    BB Maps
    BB Messenger
    Windows Live Messenger
    A few themes
    The standard games that came with the phone

These are pretty much all of them... Any ideas?
    05-19-09 07:09 AM
    First off, the facebook application could be causing some of the leak.

Second thing, do you really need 2 weather applications? Are all of your applications you listed things you use daily?

Have you deleted things like help, and password keeper to free up other space.

Have you downloaded any themes for the phone?

(sorry for the question overload, but if you answer them it will help significantly)
    05-19-09 07:12 AM
    Get rid of all themes you don't use. I found having only one on the phone allows me to boot up at 60MB with a shrunk OS.
    05-19-09 07:18 AM
    I took the plunge and upgraded to BBCrackman's v5.1 hybrid but I seem to be losing a lot of memory and would appreciate any help. I boot up around 26 but I drop very quickly to around 19 or lower. I have the following apps:

VZ Navigator
    V-Cast Music
    Weather Bug
    Weather Eye
    StormSlider
    StormLock
    Visual Voice Mail
    Facebook
    QuickPull
    BB Maps
    BB Messenger
    Windows Live Messenger
    A few themes
    The standard games that came with the phone

These are pretty much all of them... Any ideas?
    The answer lies there in itself. You have some serious memory hungry apps my friend. And on top of that A FEW THEMES? I boot up at around 50mbs. Why would you need two weather applications? Weather Bug and Weather eye? chose one and drop the other. Do you even use V-Cast and EZ Navigator? They are both close to nearly 4mbs alone combined. Visual voicemail is memory hungry but I do use it so I understand that. My soultion for Windows live messenger is to try to go with IM Plus from Shape Services. it's only a couple of Kilobytes and it allows you to chat, Windows Live, Yahoo, AIM, Mayspace and Facebook in one application. If you don't play the game, uninstall it. And last but not least...pick a theme and ditch the rest. My suggestion on the theme that you pick is the DEFAULT THEME that came with the phone.
    05-19-09 07:19 AM
    I figured the WeatherBug was taking up a lot so I deleted that. I never thought of the help files. I'll try that. The Password keeper I need 'cuz I'm old and forgetful... :-)

I only have 2 themes installed. One I'm running now by Rellium.
    05-19-09 07:19 AM
    I figured the WeatherBug was taking up a lot so I deleted that. I never thought of the help files. I'll try that. The Password keeper I need 'cuz I'm old and forgetful... :-)

I only have 2 themes installed. One I'm running now by Rellium.
    Do you use VZ navigator or Visual VM? Those two are memory hogs as well.
    05-19-09 07:21 AM
    VZ Navigator I don't but Visual Voice Mail I do. I have a GPS I use so I'll delete Navigator as well as Vcast Music. I don't use that either...
    05-19-09 07:24 AM
    and sadly, nearly all of the storm themes will cause memory leak, i run a regular leaked version of .109, nothing shrunk, got down to the everyday basics and im right around 60mb daily.

05-19-09 07:24 AM
    I guess there is no way of deleting the Precision Zen Theme....probably not just trying to figure a way of getting back some of my memory on boot up.
    05-19-09 11:16 AM
    I guess there is no way of deleting the Precision Zen Theme....probably not just trying to figure a way of getting back some of my memory on boot up.
    No there isn't. The default theme is required for the phone to operate.
    05-19-09 12:24 PM
    Someone however did delete the theme and it left a pretty bad look on the phone. Sooks i think did this.
    05-19-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD