Anyone who can help me i am running the .109 and all of a sudden tonight im typing a sms and the screen starts having the static look popping up here and there every few keyboard presses until it freezes. then i did a bat pull and now the screen wont show up just the send/end keys are lit up. so i try to plug up to pc via usb and its showing connected but nothing still on my screen. numerous bat pulls no progress still only hard keys lit up and nothing else functions. Im affraid to take it back even though i have the insurance and warranty and all cuz of the leaked os? any suggestions? how could this happen?
    03-18-09 10:18 PM
    I've not heard of that, but maybe try and keep the battery out for a bit? Or turn it on while it's plugged in?
    03-18-09 10:21 PM
    so i tried to do a downgrade since it lets me access the device via usb and DM and it gets all the way through the backup turning off of radio and start back up but says fatal error. hmm.. im lost. and really worried i have messed something up but yet its still connected and letting me backup etc.
    03-18-09 10:24 PM
    I would try to wipe and reinstall the OS since it still is recognized by DM.

If you dont mind reloading a previous backup file, skip the backup process when doing this to see if it goes all the way through the reinstall process.
    03-18-09 10:26 PM
    I dunno, maybe try and reinstall 4.7? Does it turn on at all? Display any lights, etc?
    03-18-09 10:26 PM
    Well like i said the hard keys are lit when u click the screen and then it goes back to sleep mode. i tried reinstalling os by downgrade and it didnt work. also my fiance just called it and we could hear each other but nothing on screen just plain black. ahhhhh....
    03-18-09 10:30 PM
    Wipe using JL Commander and then reinstall the OS through the Loader.exe in

Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader>Loader.exe
    03-18-09 10:34 PM
    What if something else goes wrong with it? can i just take it to verizon tommorrow and let them see the screen issue and just get a new one? or since the leaked os is on there will they deny my phones warranty?
    03-18-09 10:36 PM
    If you want to take it back to get a replacement thinking that something else may go wrong when you reinstall the OS, you should still downgrade it back to .75 anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Since you will be doing that anyway, you might as well try to reinstall .109 and see if it fixes the issue. Then if it doesnt, put .75 back, walk to your nearest VZW store, and get a brand new one.
    03-18-09 10:39 PM
    What if something else goes wrong with it? can i just take it to verizon tommorrow and let them see the screen issue and just get a new one? or since the leaked os is on there will they deny my phones warranty?
    The phone is apparently working. Use the link in my signature to make sure that you are doing the downgrade correctly. It should work if you follow the steps even without being able to see the screen. One other thing, take a flashlight and shine against the screen to see if you can see the display. Though I don't think that you will be able to.
    03-18-09 10:41 PM
    now my pc is lagging it has been sitting on the windows installer screens saying preparing to remove for about ten min, as it always does when i install a blackberry file but no other programs?
    03-18-09 10:47 PM
    now my pc is lagging it has been sitting on the windows installer screens saying preparing to remove for about ten min, as it always does when i install a blackberry file but no other programs?
    Insurance company shouldn't say any thing about the OS. Verizon may.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:52 PM
    yeah thats my point. i need a new one asap if its the screen and if i cant get the os to upgrade i need something to work.
    03-18-09 10:54 PM
    they will not say anything about your beta os as long as you dont say anything. try rebooting your computer then downgrading. it really sounds like an os problem and not a screen problem. if you can successfully get it to downgrade then there is still hope. keep trying
    03-18-09 11:03 PM
    call vzw customer service. tell them your phone has been acting up, freezing, etc. but dont mention any beta upgrades. tell them you've been to a branch. had them look at it and they told you to call customer service, also tell them you've tried soft reset etc. they will send you a new one. just did it for the 2nd time in 2 months today.
    03-18-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD