I've used the forum search to try and find an answer and was unable to find one, so I hope I'm not posting a question/problem that has already been discussed...

I have a small wireless network setup in my home. It consists of a couple computers and a printer all connected wirelessly. I've installed the DM and everytime I connect my Storm to one of my desktop computers using the USB cable, that desktop loses its network connectivity. The destop shows that its still connected to the wireless router, but I am unable to ping any of the other IP addresses within the home network or load any pages from the internet. In order to restore its connectivity I must completely reboot the the computer with the Storm disconnected.
    12-04-08 10:20 PM
    Are you using a USB hub? What kind of wireless adapter do you have on that one computer. It sounds like it could be an IRQ conflict.
    12-04-08 10:30 PM
    Are you using a USB hub? What kind of wireless adapter do you have on that one computer. It sounds like it could be an IRQ conflict.
    Thanks for responding...

I'm not using a hub. My wireless adapter is a Linksys WUSB54G. I did look in the device manage while the Storm was connected to the desktop. It didn't show any conflicts.
    12-04-08 11:15 PM
    Try plugging your phone into a different USB port if you can.
    12-04-08 11:37 PM
    Try plugging your phone into a different USB port if you can.
    I've tried the two different ports. One one the front of the CPU case and one on the back. I get the same result.
    12-04-08 11:41 PM
    No clue then sorry.
    12-04-08 11:46 PM
    did you install the connection software that tethers your storm? If so then it is probably trying to connect using the storm.
    12-04-08 11:49 PM
    did you install the connection software that tethers your storm? If so then it is probably trying to connect using the storm.
    Thanks for responding...

The only new software that was installed was the BlackBerry Device Manager, and the Desktop Manager.
    12-05-08 12:17 AM
    It sounds like it could be an IRQ conflict.
    LOL, an IRQ conflict on USB. That's a good one. I think you need some sleep.

As for the OP, DM4.7 does some wacky network integration if you set it up with default settings. Close DM out and plug the Storm into your USB. See if that still causes you network issues when DM is not running. If it's fine, you know it's DM4.7.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 12-05-08 at 12:44 AM.
    12-05-08 12:41 AM
    As for the OP, DM4.7 does some wacky network integration if you set it up with default settings. Close DM out and plug the Storm into your USB. See if that still causes you network issues when DM is not running. If it's fine, you know it's DM4.7.
    Thanks...

That's exactly what the problem is. When I connect the Storm without launching the DM 4.7 my network connectivity is fine.
    Last edited by Imjamie2; 12-05-08 at 12:54 AM.
    12-05-08 12:52 AM
    Who's the man?
    12-05-08 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD