so was adding a new email acct since VT was switching over to google mail....

and randomly in my SMS section I lost the names to everyones numbers, I check contacts theyre still all there, so I reboot, after reboot, all contacts are missing

I tried to connect to DM and restore jus my contacts but says Addressbook is Read Only and I cant restore it...

im on a mac btw

any suggestions? TIA
    12-11-09 05:06 PM
    Sounds like you activated on BES and a policy got pushed down or something. This sort of thing shouldn't happen if it was simply a BIS added account. It's also possible the new GMail account might be trying to sync up contacts or something... do you have Google Sync loaded up anywhere?
    12-11-09 08:41 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I have two gmail accounts. I had already set up one account when I got the phone...but today, I decided to add another account, and when I did, all my contacts in my address book were completely gone.

When I tried to delete the email address, it still shows up as an option in my contacts in the "select contact list" section.

How do I get my contacts back? Nearly all my phone numbers are lost. And I have a ton of emails in my gmail account that I don't use, that I don't even want showing up in my contacts list in my phone.

I'm so confused by all of this. NEED HELP!!!
    12-31-09 01:20 AM
    I too lost my contacts doing the same thing. Setup 2nd gmail onto my storm and all my contacts disappeared. They moved to my gmail account, but I can't get them back onto my bb. help.
    01-26-10 06:15 PM
    if you have syncd with outlook it would be as easy as resync through dm. if not...your screwed. JK. you should be able to resync from gmail itself. look under contacts-export-outlook csv. send to outlook. or i think you can get google sync.
    if you dont want it to happen again you need to turn wireless sync off for google in you email settings...you will also have to do this before you can sync to outlook. giant pain in the rear. hope this helps
    01-26-10 07:52 PM
    This identical situation happened to me just three days ago. Here is the solution. Your contact list can be found in your Gmail account contact list. Export it to an Applev card so that it can be synced with the address book on your MacBook. Now use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync your device with the contact list on your MacBook. Presto: your complete contact list is now returned to your BlackBerry device. [Non-Mac users will take similar steps appropriate to their PC's software].
    02-19-10 11:02 AM
    I'm a PC user this happened to me. I'm sorry but I'm not at tech savvy don't know what an Applev card is???? I see all of my contacts in my Gmail Contact list! How can I get them back on my BLACKBERRY. This is a major Technical issue. I hope Crackberry can help me resolve this
    03-22-10 12:52 PM
    applev card is for Mac, BBuser2010, that won't work for you.

If they are in your Google account, I would suggest maybe using Google Sync. Or see if in your e-mail settings for Gmail you can set up wireless syncronization with your contacts.
    03-22-10 01:04 PM
    This same thing happened to me yesterday after I added a Gmail account. I deleted my Gmail account and I was able to restore contact list through DM. Is there anyway to keep this from happening again if i wanted to try and add my Gmail account again?
    04-15-10 09:44 AM
    hey i just wanted to let everyone know how to get their contact list back after google steals it. i also was using a vt google email and lost my contacts through contact list sync. what you need to do is to download the google sync app on your blackberry at m.google.com/sync
    go through the steps to download the app. then go open it in your downloads and i set mine up to do a manual sync and whammy you have your contacts back and your stress level drops by 99%. good luck to all who are having this issue and thanks alot google for that great feature
    04-30-10 09:09 AM
    Awesome rgray436. Drove myself nuts until I followed your instructions. Now I gotta go thru and delete contacts since it triplicated mine and everyone is listed 3 times.

Better then not at all I suppose!
    06-12-10 09:24 AM
    why is it that after downloading google sync... everytime i reset my phone all my contacts are lost once more. is there away to have my contacts not be sync with google or any other email but just be saved on to my blackberry only.
    06-23-10 06:30 PM
    Dr.Fone(iPhone 4) is the world’s 1st iPhone 4 data recovery software. Dr.Fone(iPhone 4) can recover data directly from iPhone 4, including photos, videos, contacts, call logs, SMS, messages, memos, etc., as well as extract data from iTunes backup for iPhone 4.

08-14-12 02:41 AM
    I have met iPhone lost contacts before, and this video helped me out

10-29-13 04:11 AM
    IPhone contacts lost??This is indeed a terrible thing.
    However ,even so, you also need not too anxious.We have 3 ways can help you to recover your contacts.And you need a software from any-data-recovery.comhttp://IPhone contacts lost??This is...iCloud backup.
    05-05-15 05:45 AM
    When you found contacts are gone from your iPhone, you can use FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery to direct scan your iPhone and get those lost contacts for you.
    Or you can choose "Recover from iTunes Backup Files" or "Recover from iCloud Backup Files" to extract your contacts from backups.
    Hope it can help you.
    08-28-15 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD