I tried everything and used all help options in the help forum (where no body hangs out apparently) never had a problem before installing OS's (im on 141now) and for some reason my cpu cant find it or show the OS in the app loader and in device manger after installing.

already deleted vendor files
    Already reinstalled OS
    I have no other OS's installed
    Reinstalled DM
    Dm has auto updates off
    Already did registry cleanups after each unistall and restart
    tried installing using another user comp no luck
    Apploader in reseach in motion shows no upgrade
    DM shows no upgrade

what the flip is up
    help and suggestions will be appreciated
    05-23-09 11:44 AM
    You downloaded the 9500 version instead of the 9530?
    05-23-09 11:50 AM
    You downloaded the 9500 version instead of the 9530?
    That's what I was going to say as well.
    05-23-09 11:51 AM
    05-23-09 11:54 AM
    9530 one and i can tforce it becuase it is not even showing the OS as installed in the apploader or DM
    05-23-09 11:56 AM
    had that happen to me also, two different things i tried and both worked was one uninstalling the desktop manager and reinstalling it and also using the app loader instead and it worked to two different times that happened.
    05-23-09 11:57 AM
    had that happen to me also, two different things i tried and both worked was one uninstalling the desktop manager and reinstalling it and also using the app loader instead and it worked to two different times that happened.

tried those already
    05-23-09 11:59 AM
    9530 one and i can tforce it becuase it is not even showing the OS as installed in the apploader or DM
    Did you even bother to take the time to read the link he sent? It doesn't matter if DM doesn't list it, with Loader.exe you can specify manually the OS you want to install by pointing it to the proper folder.
    05-23-09 12:01 PM
    Did you even take the time to read the link he sent? It doesn't matter if DM doesn't list it, with Loader.exe you can specify manually the OS you want to install by pointing it to the proper folder.
    i did take the time believe me i looked into everything

loader doesnt show the OS even that way
    05-23-09 12:02 PM
    Only suggestion I have is to try a different PC, I have seen it happen where one PC just won't work with you, but a different one does the trick. Don't ask me to explain, because I haven't found anyone who can explain it to me either.

Give it a shot and see if it works.
    05-23-09 12:03 PM
    Only suggestion I have is to try a different PC, I have seen it happen where one PC just won't work with you, but a different one does the trick. Don't ask me to explain, because I haven't found anyone who can explain it to me either.

Give it a shot and see if it works.
    i was thinking the same thing i will have to go to my mothers and see.

this did happen one time but i just switched users on my cpu and it worked with the other user account. this time both account dont work

i may try that though
    05-23-09 12:05 PM
    i was thinking the same thing i will have to go to my mothers and see.

this did happen one time but i just switched users on my cpu and it worked with the other user account. this time both account dont work

i may try that though
    Let me know how that goes. Given what you have already tried, that's the only suggestion I have for you.
    05-23-09 12:16 PM
    I could not get .141 on my phone, what i did to get .148 was delete the loader itself, the vendor file, and the previous os, then i downloaded .148 and it worked
    05-23-09 12:19 PM
    u may want to try restarting computer too if u havent already.
    05-23-09 01:26 PM
    u may want to try restarting computer too if u havent already.
    lol thanks after every registry clean up i have to restart so already tried
    05-23-09 05:34 PM
    It sounds like you have done almost everything. Have you looked to see that the new OS is installed on your computer and that no remnants of other OS's are still there?

Program Files/Common files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files

You should only see the folder for the new os, if anything else is there delete it since you already cleared the registry.
    05-23-09 05:49 PM
    It sounds like you have done almost everything. Have you looked to see that the new OS is installed on your computer and that no remnants of other OS's are still there?

Program Files/Common files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files

You should only see the folder for the new os, if anything else is there delete it since you already cleared the registry.
    yep did that also i appreciate all the help everyone is giving me but still no cigar
    05-23-09 06:57 PM
    Dj....I've followed your post from time to time and you have rep with me so don't take this the wrong way when I ask you this.....

Are you sure your downloading the .148 OS?
    I had to ask...Did not see that posted in this thread yet.
    05-23-09 07:06 PM
    Have done a search for Vendor.xml files? I remember reading a thread some time ago, where someone found a Vendor file stuck in an unusual place and it was causing the problem.

I know you have done most of these things, but about three weeks ago I was able to help someone with a similar problem. Had them delete all RIM software, DM and OS's, delete remaining folders, clean the registry with CCleaner, reboot and reinstall. I suggested reinstalling DM 4.6, but also suggested that the install be done using AppLoader. That seemed to work and he was also able to restore his backup's.

Good luck, this must be frustrating because I know you are not a noob
    05-23-09 07:10 PM
    Dj....I've followed your post from time to time and you have rep with me so don't take this the wrong way when I ask you this.....

Are you sure your downloading the .148 OS?
    I had to ask...Did not see that posted in this thread yet.
    lol none taken yep i have .148 os
    05-24-09 01:55 PM
    Have done a search for Vendor.xml files? I remember reading a thread some time ago, where someone found a Vendor file stuck in an unusual place and it was causing the problem.

I know you have done most of these things, but about three weeks ago I was able to help someone with a similar problem. Had them delete all RIM software, DM and OS's, delete remaining folders, clean the registry with CCleaner, reboot and reinstall. I suggested reinstalling DM 4.6, but also suggested that the install be done using AppLoader. That seemed to work and he was also able to restore his backup's.

Good luck, this must be frustrating because I know you are not a noob
    interesting i will try this now
    05-24-09 01:55 PM
    thanks 1947 found A vendor in a weird place deleted it and unistalled and reinstalled and did a registry clean and......................................lol still cant update lol
    thanks everyone but still nothing
    05-24-09 02:33 PM
    After my second os force install it finally worked omg sigh of relief lol thanks all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD