Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone can assist me with loading the OS .113 leaked update.
    I have searched the forums and apologize if I have overlooked a thread.
    I followed the sticky from DonNguyen to complete this task. I deleted all previous versions of software updates. I then downloaded the leaked .113 - followed instructions by then disconnecting from the web and running the new software. This completed perfectly and then launched the DM as an option after running software. My DM opened but did not recognize the .113 update. I then followed Rooster's sticky on how to do the update manually and still no success.

Does anyone have a workaround for this to allow me to update this leaked version successfully?
    I appreciate anyone's help / advice.

Thanks in advance
    03-28-09 09:53 AM
    Have you check if .113 is installed into your computer?

C:Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > Shared > Loader Files

Open the loader file and make sure that this this folder is in there 9530-v4.7.0.113_P4.0.0.114
    03-28-09 10:06 AM
    I have yes - and it is listed there
    03-28-09 10:09 AM
    you probably tried it but try going into the software update option manually

since it is not an official version, it will not tell you that a new version is available if you just open DM

it will say the .75 is preferred and .65 is downgrade but .113 should be on the list

and if you are coming from .114 you will have to choose the downgrade option (or something like that)
    03-28-09 10:20 AM
    New crackberry member, what is this
    OS.113 and does anyone knows how to use the storm/verizon as a modem?
    Last edited by 2 Sons; 03-28-09 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling
    03-28-09 10:26 AM
    What else is in there beside .113 ?
    03-28-09 10:35 AM
    New crackberry member, what is this
    OS.113 and does anyone knows how to use the storm/verizon as a modem?
    Current leaked OS for the Storm. here's the link for download MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Yes you can tether the Storm to your Laptop..Use the VZ Access manager software that came with the phone. if you don't have the vz access disk you can download it here VZAccess Manager
    03-28-09 10:39 AM
    Just .113 - nothing else listed
    03-28-09 10:44 AM
    [QUOTE=JupiterJazz;2104546]Current leaked OS for the Storm. here's the link for download MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Got this one this morning from Megaupload - thanks.

Would you recommend I delete and redo process?
    03-28-09 10:45 AM
    And you're still on .75 right now right?

This happen to me before..I uninstall DM and reinstalled it and chose the look for updates automatically and after that DM recognized leaked OS. ( I left internet on)
    03-28-09 10:53 AM
    [QUOTE=keithparrell;2104590]
    Current leaked OS for the Storm. here's the link for download MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Got this one this morning from Megaupload - thanks.

Would you recommend I delete and redo process?
    Yea try that..fresh download and install
    03-28-09 10:54 AM
    And you're still on .75 right now right?

This happen to me before..I uninstall DM and reinstalled it and chose the look for updates automatically and after that DM recognized leaked OS. ( I left internet on)
    Perfect!
    I will do both and report back.
    Thanks - fingers crossed this helps
    03-28-09 10:55 AM
    Uggghhhhh.......

Did not work
    Deleted everything and did a complete re-install of DM and .113 and still don't recognize new update.
    I am still on .75 (VZW)
    03-28-09 12:07 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling the update file from the add or remove programs in your control panel? I was having problems getting mine to recognize the update until I uninstalled it from there and then reinstalled it. It wouldnt work if I only removed it using the files own setup program. Hope this makes sense and helps!
    03-28-09 08:52 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling the update file from the add or remove programs in your control panel? I was having problems getting mine to recognize the update until I uninstalled it from there and then reinstalled it. It wouldnt work if I only removed it using the files own setup program. Hope this makes sense and helps!
    FINALLY!!
    Updated successfully.
    Thanks JupiterJazz & cawasha
    Keith
    03-29-09 07:48 AM
    No problem! Glad I could finally contribute something back to these forums that have helped me so much.
    03-29-09 08:01 AM
    I am having difficulty installing the update to my computer. I keep getting prompt saying the install was interupted and computer not modified. I have done this several times and the same thing keeps happening. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Kevin
    03-29-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD