i recieved my new update for my storm and i downloaded it and now when i go to my sms messages i turn the phone to pan. view and and and nothing!!! it wont go to the other view? also if i try to compose a new sms text and turn the phone to get to the full key board which i like the best nothing!!! my storm is pissing me off. it worked just fine other than it was slower than my grandmother in a hoverround with a dead battery!!! until i did that upgrade. well now its fast but it wont go to the sideways view or let me text with it. also when i go to sms and i want to close it out i hit the back button and it takes forever to close. litterally like 15 sec. and once i hit the back button it freezes untill it closes out.
    anyone have this prob.
    please help my ******** ***!!!!!!!!
    12-08-08 08:47 PM
    how many apps do you have turned on?

Perhaps, running it over will fix it, can you give us an update when you do this... I'd also would like to see some pictures if possible to follow along on your troubleshooting progress. Good luck
    12-08-08 08:50 PM
    Try to pull the battery out and put it back in?
    12-08-08 08:52 PM
    wow thats some good sarcasim havent heard that in a while.
    thanks for your help pimpin
    12-08-08 08:52 PM
    wow thats some good sarcasim havent heard that in a while.
    thanks for your help pimpin
    CHEERS!

My serious answer to your question was a question... "how many apps do you have running at the same time. VZNAV, brick breaker... ect...
    12-08-08 08:55 PM
    lol @ in front of a semi, hopefully its not my semi lol
    12-08-08 08:56 PM
    I heard running over the Storm makes the screen click properly, anyone try that out yet?
    12-08-08 08:56 PM
    cool im just frustrated sorry.
    no apps running i try to keep them all closed so it runs faster.
    im trying the battery thing now
    12-08-08 08:57 PM
    ya so i took the battery out and put it back in along with my folded business card cuz my screen click **** is **** up and it works thanks for the help
    bump
    12-08-08 08:59 PM
    Go to options then go to status and check your filefree. A low filefree is a bad thing. Low depends on device but I've been hearing it should be more than 12 meg. I start out at 12 meg, but hover between 7 and 9 meg. If I ever notice my device acting up and check my file free, it's very low, usually less than 1 meg. To get more filefree, a battery pull does the trick. Then take a look at third party apps. A BB is not intended to run dozens upon dozens of 3rd party apps. Weed out the ones you don't need as they all eat can away at memory.

Closing apps sometimes leaves 'em running. Hit BB key and check "switch application" If you have dozens of icons on the switch application list and low filefree, you have found your issue.
    12-08-08 09:00 PM
    I don't know how some of you feel about this, but I think of PDA's as mini computers... it helps to restart them once in awhile.
    12-08-08 09:01 PM
    Help or im throwing my storm in front of a semi
    Make sure you make a vid and put it on youtube!
    12-08-08 09:02 PM
    file free reads 27137152 bytes?
    12-08-08 09:02 PM
    um is that bad?
    12-08-08 09:07 PM
    Make sure you make a vid and put it on youtube!
    OMG this is the only part of the whole post I read and I was gonna post the exact same thing. If your gonna throw it throw it dont talk about it I just want to see it happen and then see what the driver does after u throw it at his truck haha. Be sure to have someone else record incase you are attacked not because they can help protect u but so they can record it and we can all laugh at u for waisting a great phone
    12-08-08 09:13 PM
    OMG this is the only part of the whole post I read and I was gonna post the exact same thing. If your gonna throw it throw it dont talk about it I just want to see it happen and then see what the driver does after u throw it at his truck haha. Be sure to have someone else record incase you are attacked not because they can help protect u but so they can record it and we can all laugh at u for waisting a great phone
    ok dude here is a thought how about you go throw yourself infront of a semi and i video it and we can all laugh at you for being a smart ***!!!!!! you should go **** yourself and stay off the forum if you dont have any real advice to give!!! assholes like you should have pagers!!!!!!
    peace fagot!!!
    12-08-08 09:19 PM
    ok dude here is a thought how about you go throw yourself infront of a semi and i video it and we can all laugh at you for being a smart ***!!!!!! you should go **** yourself and stay off the forum if you dont have any real advice to give!!! assholes like you should have pagers!!!!!!
    peace fagot!!!
    Now that was completely necessary...
    12-08-08 09:21 PM
    I like how *** is in asterisk, but the F bomb shows up. Nice filter.

Seriously, check the program and make sure it isn't set to compatibility mode. That will make it so the phone only works in portrait mode.
    12-08-08 09:23 PM
    peace fagot!!!
    And verizon csr's are made for dumb ppl like you now go into verizon and ask them for help because its ppl like u who ruin forums. Take ur 7 post and go on with life. Now for my real solution even though u dont deserve it. Completely whipe your phone and try reinstalling everything
    12-08-08 09:24 PM
    I like how *** is in asterisk, but the F bomb shows up. Nice filter.

Seriously, check the program and make sure it isn't set to compatibility mode. That will make it so the phone only works in portrait mode.
    i pulled the battery and put it back in and it fixed it.
    thanks for being serious in you advice tho i appreciate it.
    12-08-08 09:26 PM
    And verizon csr's are made for dumb ppl like you now go into verizon and ask them for help because its ppl like u who ruin forums. Take ur 7 post and go on with life. Now for my real solution even though u dont deserve it. Completely whipe your phone and try reinstalling everything
    ya im dumb when it comes to stuff like phones and computers but thats y i get on here and try to get help no jokes and bad advice i just dont like when ppl waste my time. i pulled and repaced the battery and it fixed it.
    thanks tho
    12-08-08 09:28 PM
    bump bump bump
    12-08-08 09:29 PM
    for future reference if u want a legitment answer give a legit topic dont get me excited to see someone throw a storm at a truck driver then get their *** whooped for cracking his windshield haha
    12-08-08 09:30 PM
    ya im dumb when it comes to stuff like phones and computers but thats y i get on here and try to get help no jokes and bad advice i just dont like when ppl waste my time. i pulled and repaced the battery and it fixed it.
    thanks tho
    There is no wasted time on forums. And if there was, you are wasting your own time by continuously bumping this thread. Self-bumping = no good, especially after you posted only 1 minute before that.....
    12-08-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD