Just before installing the new software I decided to clean up the blackberry and get rid of software I don't use. I use google maps so I thought I might as well get rid of blackberry maps. I also have weather bug which I love! After installing .148 I found that weather bug does not work without blackberry maps. I then tried to install blackberry maps, but it says I don't have the correct operating system. Do I have to reinstall .075, install maps, then install .148 again to make this work. Anyone with any advise?

Thanks in advance
    05-21-09 07:05 AM
    How did you attempt to install blackberry maps?
    05-21-09 07:07 AM
    Just before installing the new software I decided to clean up the blackberry and get rid of software I don't use. I use google maps so I thought I might as well get rid of blackberry maps. I also have weather bug which I love! After installing .148 I found that weather bug does not work without blackberry maps. I then tried to install blackberry maps, but it says I don't have the correct operating system. Do I have to reinstall .075, install maps, then install .148 again to make this work. Anyone with any advise?

Thanks in advance
    Yes... That happened to me too and I had to wipe my BB, reinstall .75 and then reinstall the updated OS.
    05-21-09 07:12 AM
    I tried to download it from blackberry. On the blackberry site it says that this software has to be dowloaded directly from your blackberry and cannot be installed via USB. It gave a link to go to with my mobile browser
    05-21-09 07:14 AM
    I think if you go to your DM, you can go and make sure you select the check mark next to BB Maps and install it through DM as part of the OS.

I could be wrong because I also deleted BB Maps.
    05-21-09 07:15 AM
    Unfortunately, I did try that and it didn't work.
    05-21-09 07:24 AM
    Sadly, i think you will have to wipe, start with .75 fresh install and then go from there.
    05-21-09 07:35 AM
    Ouch! That's what I thought.
    05-21-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD