I was running .75 up until today when I upgraded to .109. Everything seems fine except when I opened up Google Maps and all my Favorites were gone. I had just spent over 2 hrs entering in addresses and now I don't know if I can get them back!!!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Favorites back in Google Maps? I know someone else must have run into this problem already...
    02-25-09 11:23 PM
    Don't get attached to your favorites?

Had the same problem, luckily I had two favorites.
    02-25-09 11:25 PM
    I don't believe Google Maps stores application data with backups, so unfortunately you favorites are most likely toast.

My solution to it has been to add anything I want to permanently save address for in my contact list. If you highlight that contact list entry in your book, you can hit BB Menu and go to Display on Google Maps (or something to that effect, dont have my phone right here) and it will display it on GMM for you. Simple, and is backed up with your address book, not lost with GMM
    02-25-09 11:26 PM
    I had over 100! My BB Maps favorites stayed, but not the Google ones
    02-25-09 11:26 PM
    Holy crap. I've never heard of that many Google Map favorites... yea unfortunately GMM doesnt store backup info.
    02-25-09 11:28 PM
    What version of GMaps were you running?
    02-25-09 11:29 PM
    Ouch that has to suck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 11:31 PM
    Google Maps ver 3.0.2
    02-25-09 11:31 PM
    Ouch that has to suck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You have no idea!
    02-25-09 11:32 PM
    i've never had GMM store favorites, which is why i stopped using them and started doing what i listed above.
    02-25-09 11:32 PM
    Your idea is a good one. At least they're saved then. And then if I want to add them as favorites I would only have to highlight each one, go to "show on map" and then set them as a favorite. Still time consuming, but much better than having to enter all the addresses all over again. The only thing is that if I add 100 addresses to my Contacts list, now I'll have 100+ entries starting with the letter E. Will make scrolling a pain.
    02-25-09 11:45 PM
    Lol well here's another idea then. Create a new group filter on your blackberry called Google Maps (or something) and add those contacts you want to add to that. Then you can filter out those entries, and when you really need to access them, show them again.
    02-25-09 11:48 PM
    Ok, stupid question...

What's the diff between creating a "new group" and just entering in my addresses and setting them to a different filter type?
    02-25-09 11:54 PM
    Well default two groups are Business and Personal. Doesn't really fit under eitehr case for this.. I figured if you just made a group called GMM or something it'd be easier to seperate from the other contacts in your phone.
    02-26-09 12:02 AM
    I've never seen a "Display With Google Maps" option. Since I installed Poynt there's a "Poynt from Here" option and Poynt will map with GMM, but that's clunky.

I have BB Maps installed still, there's an item to map with that going through the default mapper thing I believe, but I'm not able to change that to GMM.

Am I missing something? :-/
    02-26-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD