Installed google maps on my phone but I'am having trouble with switching the gps in the advanced options. Cannot switch the data source. Google maps are not there as an options. have not updated my phone since I got it its .75 thank you in advance for the help
    02-22-09 09:00 AM
    Google maps is not a data source. Data source would be for if you were using an external GPS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by discnjh; 02-22-09 at 10:48 AM.
    02-22-09 10:29 AM
    you GPS screen in the advanced options should read
    GPS data source>Device GPS
    GPS services>Location On
    Location Aiding>Enabled

Go into google maps make sure you have v 3.0.2 (i think that's it, something with a 2 in it haha) and you are in an open area for satellites click the blue button in the bottom left of your screen and it should say your location within 8 meters or so.
    02-22-09 10:37 AM
    Dont know why but if you use Poynt and hit the Map It button, if you have Poynt set up to use google maps, it well load google maps and GPS works. I assume this only works if when you load Poynt it shows My GPS Location at the top of the screen.
    02-22-09 11:28 AM
    TO the OP:

You cannot set Google Maps as the default gps/map for the device. Some apps will let you do so, but not the device as a whole.
    02-22-09 11:49 AM
    Dont know why but if you use Poynt and hit the Map It button, if you have Poynt set up to use google maps, it well load google maps and GPS works. I assume this only works if when you load Poynt it shows My GPS Location at the top of the screen.
    You don't need to have the GPS lock onto you inorder to map a location from Poynt on the map. Since google maps can use the address of the location to map it but if you want to use the directions feature you need to have GPS enabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 11:54 AM
    I love the google maps feature, but does anyone know if extra charges apply like using the VZ navigator, or does it just charge as data minutes?
    02-22-09 12:03 PM
    No Charge if you have unlimited Data, which Verizon requires (29.99)

You're all set.
    02-22-09 12:06 PM
    AWESOME!!! Thank you!

I also downloaded Audacity to make my own ringtones, how long does it take before they post on crackberry? Doing my part as a very happy member!
    02-22-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD