181 ... 5678
tools
    Download Shazam zip file here!

Download Shazam OTA here!
    Last edited by bkr6891; 04-24-09 at 05:07 PM. Reason: edit links
    04-04-09 06:42 PM
    Thank you all for the links!!
    04-04-09 07:11 PM
    got 'em.. thanks.. now what? Do I need to install the BB Desktop Manager to install this?

Inside the ZIP is the ALX and other file....
    04-04-09 08:11 PM
    got 'em.. thanks.. now what? Do I need to install the BB Desktop Manager to install this?

Yes...the zip is the only package I could find.
    04-04-09 08:12 PM

Yes you need DM to install the app. Then take the zip file and extract the files contained in it to your desktop. You will now have a folder called Shazam with two files (Shazam.alx and Shazam460.cod). Open up DM and click the application loader. Next the start button under Add/Remove Applications. At the bottom of the next screen click browse and select the Shazam.alx file from the Shazam folder you extracted. Now Shazam will be listed in your applications list in the app loader. Make sure that Shazam is checked off and click the next button twice to install it to your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 08:58 PM
    Yes you need DM to install the app. Then take the zip file and extract the files contained in it to your desktop. You will now have a folder called Shazam with two files (Shazam.alx and Shazam460.cod). Open up DM and click the application loader. Next the start button under Add/Remove Applications. At the bottom of the next screen click browse and select the Shazam.alx file from the Shazam folder you extracted. Now Shazam will be listed in your applications list in the app loader. Make sure that Shazam is checked off and click the next button twice to install it to your BB.

When I do that, it says no additional apps are available.... whats up!

I even went to blackberrys website and had the link e-mailed... it opens up in blackberry app world, but there is a button for review, and screenshot, but not download... wierd!
    04-04-09 10:30 PM

Thank you very much. This site and all the people here are great at helping love my device all that much more. Fantastic!
    04-04-09 10:41 PM
    Download Shazam Desktop Manager version here!

Download Shazam OTA!!
    Last edited by bkr6891; 04-24-09 at 05:03 PM. Reason: update links
    04-04-09 10:48 PM

I was pulling my hair out trying to get Shazam on my storm. With the help of the above post and also from bkr6891's post that included the zip file, I was finally able to get Shazam on my storm. Thanks to both of you and to everyone else who posted.
    Last edited by j7469; 04-05-09 at 05:57 PM.
    04-05-09 09:29 AM
    i got an error message saying that "Sorry, Shazam didn't get a response. there may be a roblem with your network connection..."
    and then it prompts me to enter network settings.

can anyone help me with this?
    04-05-09 11:59 PM
    You guys are awesome with the download link!
    Installed it and it works great! tested it it on the first thing I found, CSI:Miami opening theme, picked it up from across the room and id'ed it the first try!

My wife has something similar on her LG phone from Verizon, and I had been wanting something for the Storm!
    Thanks
    04-06-09 01:35 AM
    Thank you very much to all that contributed to this thread... Finally got it to work! I too could not get it from App World.. the download link was greyed...

Works fine!
    04-06-09 01:57 PM

I have done this on my blackberry Armak thankyou. however when i try to open it comes up with an error message:

error starting shazam460: class 'com.shazam.common.bean.AddOn' multiply defined.

Do you know of any solution to this?
    04-23-09 11:07 AM
    bump//////////
    04-23-09 03:38 PM
    i just downloaded it but it says shazam needs permission to record to your phone. please set the permission on your phone to allow recording. what do i do?? thanks
    04-24-09 04:26 PM
    i just downloaded it but it says shazam needs permission to record to your phone. please set the permission on your phone to allow recording. what do i do?? thanks
    Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, then select Shazam (don't click it, just select it). Menu key, Edit Permissions, set all to Allow.
    04-24-09 05:00 PM
    And if you're using a Storm, disable compatibility mode.
    04-26-09 09:50 PM
    And if you're using a Storm, disable compatibility mode.
    enable compatibility if u want to use options (u will have to make ur touch screen act as a trackball (like put ur finger on an option and move the finger

edit: dont lift up ur finger when u have the finger on the screen to move from option to option (the screen is like a trackball)
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 04-27-09 at 12:25 AM.
    04-26-09 10:02 PM
    I agree that you want to enable compatibility mode with shazam. If you don't, the only thing you can do is tag the songs. By enabling compatibility mode, you have access to all the features.

04-27-09 12:23 AM
    Hey im completely new to blackberry's and really want to get this shazzam!

i used the OTA link that bkr6891 posted (thankyou thankyou!) and it downloaded onto my blackberry, however when i go to set up it says "Shazam needs to record to your phone. Please set the permissions on your phone to allow recording"

How do i do this on the storm 9500??

help would be great!!
    05-05-09 03:14 AM
    Hey im completely new to blackberry's and really want to get this shazzam!

i used the OTA link that bkr6891 posted (thankyou thankyou!) and it downloaded onto my blackberry, however when i go to set up it says "Shazam needs to record to your phone. Please set the permissions on your phone to allow recording"

How do i do this on the storm 9500??

help would be great!!

here u go

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, then select Shazam (don't click it, just select it). Menu key, Edit Permissions, set all to Allow.
    05-05-09 03:44 AM
    i can't find shazam anywhere either. i search for it and it's not there, and i look on featured, and it's not there. gheyness
    05-06-09 03:30 AM
    i can't find shazam anywhere either. i search for it and it's not there, and i look on featured, and it's not there. gheyness
    The reason you can't find it is because it isn't fully compatible with the storm and is being filtered out by app world. You can install it with the following files.

Shazam

05-06-09 08:01 AM
    does anyone have the lastest update from shazam in ota or DM im using 2.0.0 but there is a newer one than that.
    06-01-09 04:40 PM
    does anyone have the lastest update from shazam in ota or DM im using 2.0.0 but there is a newer one than that.
    You can get the latest version for the following OTA link.

http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli.../Shazam460.jad

06-04-09 01:23 AM
181 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD