I've finally got the nevere to try and update again and this time to .141. The last time did not go to well. I followed all instruction exactly and everything seemed to be going well. Now it been about an hour and it seems hung up. DM say "Reconnecting to JVM" and the Storm says "Reload Software 507". Did I brick it again or should I continue and wait?
    05-12-09 11:34 AM
    You gotta reload the software...hence the message 'Reload Software 507'. Somethin must have gone wrong in the loading process. I suggest you remove .141 from your computer redownload it re-install it to your computer wipe your phone and reload it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 12:19 PM
    What OS are you using on your PC?
    05-12-09 12:35 PM
    What OS are you using on your PC?
    Currently using XP Pro

I've just tried to redo this by going to App loader from explorer and I'm getting the same thing.
    05-12-09 12:54 PM
    Currently using XP Pro

I've just tried to redo this by going to App loader from explorer and I'm getting the same thing.
    Here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n00b-help-guide-upgrade-downgrade-backing-up-bricked-storm-your-full-resource-213706/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 01:00 PM
    Make sure you have your USB cable plugged directly into the computer and not going through a Hub. Sometimes a hub will disconnect and not reconnect, especially un-powered hubs.
    05-12-09 01:48 PM
    Make sure you have your USB cable plugged directly into the computer and not going through a Hub. Sometimes a hub will disconnect and not reconnect, especially un-powered hubs.
    At first I was using the USB in the front of the puter and now I've switched it. I've also uninstalled all the OS's and reinstalled .141. Now when I try to reload the OS this is what I get. "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". What now? I've got to go pick up the kids so I'll be back in a while.
    05-12-09 01:56 PM
    Ok, now I've uninstalled .141 and installed .132. When I tried to load it, it gave me a fatal error. Now I'm thinking I need to use JL and wipe the phone.
    05-12-09 04:40 PM
    How are you uninstalling the OS's, are you using Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs?

You might want to also uninstall DM and reload version 4.6, some people have difficulties with 4.7. I personally use 4.6 and have not had any probs.

Also, be sure to delete the Vendor file located in Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader once you do that try installing using Loader.exe in the same folder as Vendor file
    05-12-09 04:59 PM
    I did use the the Add/Remove Programs and still having problems. I've also deleted the vendor file. Now DM wont load and neither will Loader.exe so I'm going to uninstall DM and try 4.6.
    05-12-09 05:12 PM
    What is the error you are getting and is it the same in DM and AppLoader?
    05-12-09 05:42 PM
    Here is the latest error I get from loader.exe.

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

I uninstalled DM 4.7 and put on 4.6 and I'm getting this same error.
    05-12-09 06:03 PM
    Here is the latest error I get from loader.exe.

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

I uninstalled DM 4.7 and put on 4.6 and I'm getting this same error.
    Have you rebooted your computer through any of this? I suggest you use DM 4.7. Uninstall 4.6. Reboot. Install 4.7.
    05-12-09 06:04 PM
    Have you rebooted your computer through any of this? I suggest you use DM 4.7. Uninstall 4.6. Reboot. Install 4.7.
    I have rebooted quite a few times. I've turned off avg and unplugged my network cable and still getting the same results. I'm thinking about trying it on my laptop, maybe there is somthing on the desktop that does not like loader.
    05-12-09 06:23 PM
    When conncecting to the computer do you have Mass Storage mode enabled or disabled, I suggest disabled, but I suspect it is an issue with the USB connection.
    05-12-09 07:53 PM
    When conncecting to the computer do you have Mass Storage mode enabled or disabled, I suggest disabled, but I suspect it is an issue with the USB connection.
    I'm on my laptop now and getting the same thing as yesterday.

Don't know where it at now because the device does not boot up. I did get DM to recognize an unknown pin and tried to up date it that way. It showed me .75, .65 and .141 but when ever I tried to update it said there was no software to up date to even if I was not connected. The only software on the puter was .141, but now I'm going to see if I can put .75 back on. This is driving me nuts
    05-13-09 10:16 AM
    Did you end up doing the JLc wipe?

People say it is unnecessary, but I make it a habit of backing up, then wiping completely before any install.
    05-13-09 01:38 PM
    Did you end up doing the JLc wipe?

People say it is unnecessary, but I make it a habit of backing up, then wiping completely before any install.

Yea I did the JL wipe but it never seemed like it was doing anything. After trying and trying I finally got it to Reload Software 507 and was able to put .75 back on. I'm only on about the 5 -7th reboot of the day and hating it.

There must be somthing on my desktop that does not like the upgrading because I could not even get it to downgrade either. Thankfully the laptop worked but now I'm not ready to try the upgrading yet. DM and syncing always works great.
    05-13-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD