Ok I just got a unlocked BB storm, left the iphone to be a bb addict. Anyways I got my services books sent from tmobile and all. How do I get my email setup...yea im alil new at this. Can someone help me....I need my email..

P.S I searched the fourms for 2 hours and I couldn't find out how to set it up.
    05-28-09 04:47 AM
    Is the email setup on the phone linked to verizon's BIS?

My best guess is to login at tmobile's BIS page. Google for it. I set all my email up from vzw's version of that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 05:30 AM
    You can do this right on your phone. Setup -> Email Settings, then log-in (or create a new account if you haven't already) and add the accounts you want. You can have 10, plus you'll have a blackberry email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 05:59 AM
    I'm new to all this so don't mind me asking, but what does BIS mean?

Back to topic: I had the same problem and I resetted my email accounts and then sent the service books and now it's working beautifully.
    05-28-09 08:24 AM
    BIS is Blackberry Internet Service. It what gives your BB internet access, for browsing the web, getting email, etc... You should look at the Blackberry 101 lectures (BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com). They explain all kinds of basic stuff you would find helpful.

Grey
    05-28-09 08:37 AM
    05-28-09 08:53 AM
    Ok I just got a unlocked BB storm, left the iphone to be a bb addict. Anyways I got my services books sent from tmobile and all. How do I get my email setup...yea im alil new at this. Can someone help me....I need my email..

P.S I searched the fourms for 2 hours and I couldn't find out how to set it up.

When I got my unlocked storm, i wasn't able to set up my email through the phone itself. I had to go to tmobile's site and set it up there. Few tips. First, which you probably already did, is get the blackberry data plan with tmobile. Then go to this page T-Mobile

Sign in using your tmobile log in. then go through the setup process for each email account you want. Once set up, you will see updated email folders on your storm within a few minutes.

It was fairly simple, but if you have any problems just pm me or you can post it here and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.
    05-28-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD