Before I get bashed...I did do a search. All of the threads that showed up did not address my issue specifically. Here is the link to search...

forums.crackberry.com/search.php?searchid=7832335

Anyway, I noticed today that i am no longer getting the little red icon or the
    (1) in the folder associated with the specific email address.

The only red Icon i get is in the message folder. I have my message folder hidden, and prefer to see what mailbox or sms folder a message comes to. I dont want to have to go to message folder every time.

Please let me know what I changed, so I can change it back.

Thanks!
    12-22-08 08:21 PM
    Figured it out. I have no idea how this option was changed, but it was.

Those that are also having this problem..here is the fix.

Go into the email icon that you are working with. Hit BB key>Options>General Options> Display message count should be to UNREAD. Also, display new message indicator YES.

Again, I have no idea how this happened. Hope this helps!
    12-22-08 08:34 PM
    Ok cool. And to set the record straight, you don't have to worried about getting "bashed" for starting a thread, not do you need to post the link to a search. I'm sorry that some people do this, but it's getting cleaned up. Welcome to CB.
    12-22-08 08:36 PM
    I tried that but I've got an Email notication which remains displayed even when all Emails have been deleted from the handheld and from the computer. Is this a synch issue with BB and AOL or...? tx
    12-28-08 11:53 AM
    Check your missed calls. Often set to display missed calls to message folder. You can also do a search for unread messages and it will list them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 12:02 PM
    Check your missed calls. Often set to display missed calls to message folder. You can also do a search for unread messages and it will list them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, I just stumbled on that. Missed calls show up with the same icon as messages. I'll get there, I'll get there, it just takes some time...
    12-28-08 01:28 PM
    Ok cool. And to set the record straight, you don't have to worried about getting "bashed" for starting a thread, not do you need to post the link to a search. I'm sorry that some people do this, but it's getting cleaned up. Welcome to CB.
    Can I just jump in and say thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! There has been such an atmosphere of fear on here caused by bullies. I am sooooo glad to see it being addressed!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥
    12-28-08 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD