Hello everyone. I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. I attend NJIT and we recently
    And we recently switched over to gmail. For some reason though I have been unsuccessful in setting my mail up with BIS. All of my other accounts work except my .edu address. This only became a problem when the school switched to gmail. I have temporarily fixed it by forwarding
    my mail to the provided vow blackberry email but there has to be a better way.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:04 AM
    Can you explain what you tried and what exactly you see when you say it doesn't work? With more info maybe I can help.

02-26-09 11:20 AM
    Can you explain what you tried and what exactly you see when you say it doesn't work? With more info maybe I can help.

I basically just tried setting it up through the bis as normal and even though it says that it configured correctly I don't get the emails from that account to my phone.

02-26-09 11:30 AM
    Our school recently switched over to gmail for our .edu e-mail addresses. I had some trouble until I completely removed the e-mail address from BIS. I then set up g-mail for both pop and imap access. I then added the e-mail address with BIS, works great now! Hope it helps. I think the important things is to remove the e-mail address and make sure either pop or imap access is setup.
    02-26-09 12:16 PM
    It should work. Just set it up as Gmail & change the @gmail.com to @xxx.edu.

I set mine up that way & it works fine.
    02-26-09 12:38 PM
    just did mine . smooth
    02-26-09 12:44 PM
    At temple we use gmail and I set it up just fine you just need to change the gmail part to your schools

02-26-09 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, but it did not work for me unfortunately. I tried all of your suggestions (pop/imap enabled) removing and re-adding the account, but for some reason it doesn't deliver messages to my phone. I suppose I'll have to keep forwarding them.
    02-26-09 03:13 PM
    02-26-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD