I have used a BB for a couple years, but only out of necessity for work, and never got into the downloading of apps etc. Just work email, and that was it.

Now I have the storm, and I am trying to take more advantage of the device. So I was wondering if there was a quick simple way to download music from PC to BB through the USB cable.

I would use the mem card, but I dont have a reader that small. Any help would be appreciated, as I am sure theres probably this info somewhere, but its only my 2nd day at this site, and all the info is quite overwhelming...lol
    11-25-08 03:29 PM
    I have used a BB for a couple years, but only out of necessity for work, and never got into the downloading of apps etc. Just work email, and that was it.

Now I have the storm, and I am trying to take more advantage of the device. So I was wondering if there was a quick simple way to download music from PC to BB through the USB cable.

I would use the mem card, but I dont have a reader that small. Any help would be appreciated, as I am sure theres probably this info somewhere, but its only my 2nd day at this site, and all the info is quite overwhelming...lol
    what kind of computer are you using?

If you are using a PC plug it in and instead of using any type of manager just go into My Computer and click on the media card. There will be a folder in there for music, just drag and drop!
    11-25-08 03:31 PM
    You can also just sync it with your itunes playlists through the desktop manager. Just choose which ones you want and let it update.
    11-25-08 03:33 PM
    Im using a PC, not a Mac...

so I just plug BB into the USB, and the removable media inside the BB will be detected, and I can just drop in the file I want?
    11-25-08 03:40 PM
    You can also just sync it with your itunes playlists through the desktop manager. Just choose which ones you want and let it update.

I dont have Itunes, i have everything downloaded through Limewire, since that was put on the PC when I got it.
    11-25-08 03:41 PM
    Yup, thats how I uploaded my music. You can do that with videos and pictures too. keep in mind there will be two drivers. One is the BB memory and one is the media card. Make sure you see which one has 8gb and put it in there.
    11-25-08 03:42 PM
    I dont see the removable media showing in my computers...hmmmm
    11-25-08 03:45 PM
    I dont see the removable media showing in my computers...hmmmm
    turn on your storm and go to options/memory and make sure mass storage mode support is on and auto enable mass storage mode when connected is either to yes or prompt. if its on prompt when you connect it to the computer your storm asks is you want to connect it to the pc
    11-25-08 03:48 PM
    it should show up, but try what spawn said and if that doesnt work just open it up and make sure its plugged in all the way.
    11-25-08 03:50 PM
    i changed the mass storage mode to yes, but i still dont see where I can pull the info in.

I must just be that stupid.
    11-25-08 03:56 PM
    it should show up, but try what spawn said and if that doesnt work just open it up and make sure its plugged in all the way.
    also how many drives are connected to your pc? if you have quite a few like 6 hdd, 2 roms and other usb devices that you connect from time to time you may want to go to your pc's control panel, administrative tools, computer management, storage then disk management. if you see two drives not listed - one for 1gig and one for 8gig right click each one and choose change drive letter and paths to something high like z for one and y for the other. sometimes this is the culprit
    11-25-08 03:56 PM
    Did you install the driver? that came with the phone? if you installed the driver, and enable mass on the storm, you should see 2 drives. Blackberry1 and blackberry2, bb1 = phone memory, and bb2 = memory card. Just put songs inside blackberry/music folder. Unplug and there you go.
    11-25-08 04:00 PM
    Did you install the driver? that came with the phone?
    If you are connected to the internet, the drivers should download automatically
    11-25-08 04:01 PM
    I installed the disk with the desktop mgr. Not the other one. Did I need to load both disks?
    11-25-08 04:21 PM
    ok, whos the jackass....

since u cant see me, I am raising my hand.
    11-25-08 04:22 PM
    ok, when i tried just loading the USB drivers from the white cd, it said theres a newer version already on my pc, and to uninstall it before downloading that version. Sounds like I am current on whatever drivers I need.
    11-25-08 04:24 PM
    think i got it. i dont know what i did, but a prompt came up saying my mass storage was being enabled, and then the drives showed up.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    11-25-08 04:33 PM
    I installed the driver cd first, and then I installed desktop for the bb. Works fine for me... Good to know that it dl itself if you have internet connection.

Anyways Drudnick, does any drives pop up? when you plug your USB to your Storm? if yes, then you got it working already. Just go into the drive, and open blackberry folder then put your songs in the music folder. If in any case it does not pop up go into MY COMPUTER and see if you see any new drives in there when you plug it up.
    11-25-08 04:33 PM
    lol couple seconds too late, glad you got it working.
    11-25-08 04:34 PM
    Its cool, I appreciate the help. I know this question was probably pretty basic for most here.

I actually took awhile to ask, because i figured i would get some sarcastic replies...lol
    11-25-08 04:40 PM
    Seems my download of 1 wallpaper slowed the storm down some, after i spent yesterday getting it sped up again.

Anyone know how to delete all the non english languages, to see if that offsets what I am putting on it?
    11-25-08 04:41 PM
    Seems my download of 1 wallpaper slowed the storm down some, after i spent yesterday getting it sped up again.

Anyone know how to delete all the non english languages, to see if that offsets what I am putting on it?
    should be able to do that by connecting with desktop manager and going to application loader. different languages should be in there just uncheck them
    11-25-08 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD