Ok i installed .85 and my battery life sucks i cant make it a day idling without the battery dieing. So i want to downgrade back to .83. Now i have searched the forms and everyone says the same thing. Delete the os from the computer and open up dm and it should bring up a list. Well i do this and it brings up a list, and then i select .83 and hit next. After that it says searching for available device software. Then it comes up and says no update is required. Anyone know what to do or what im doing wrong.
    01-01-09 04:37 PM
    Moved. Please post new threads in the correct Storm sub-forum. Thanks.
    01-01-09 04:39 PM
    Ok i installed .85 and my battery life sucks i cant make it a day idling without the battery dieing. So i want to downgrade back to .83. Now i have searched the forms and everyone says the same thing. Delete the os from the computer and open up dm and it should bring up a list. Well i do this and it brings up a list, and then i select .83 and hit next. After that it says searching for available device software. Then it comes up and says no update is required. Anyone know what to do or what im doing wrong.
    Downgrading is the same process as upgrading. You just pick the previous OS you want to install. To get rid of the problem you are having, make sure you disconnect your computer from the internet, that way it will install the OS without looking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 06:13 PM
    I have the same issue, battery sucks and i want to downgrade. I redownloaded .83 and erased all other versions from my computer, disconnected internet access and it still wont let me. It shows in the list of available OS's but when i click next it still says no update is available.
    01-01-09 06:26 PM
    I have the same issue, battery sucks and i want to downgrade. I redownloaded .83 and erased all other versions from my computer, disconnected internet access and it still wont let me. It shows in the list of available OS's but when i click next it still says no update is available.
    Make a backup of your programs and settings. Next wipe your device with JL_Cmder (the instructions are available if you search). After wipe, load up the DM. Go to the application loader and select the previous version you want to use and hit next. Wait till the reinstall finishes and reload the backup that you previously made. After this finishes do a battery pull to have a freshly installed OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 06:39 PM
    Last night I was playing around with my phone. I tried to downgrade and it wouldnt do it no matter what I did. I tried it on 2 diff. cpu. So I just wipe it with J_L and try to put 75 back on. It wont do it. I ended up going to the VZW update site and had to reinstall 75 from the web site. I have upgraded and downgraded from 75 to 76 then from 76 to 83. They all did ok but with 85 something is different.
    01-02-09 09:48 AM
    I just downgraded from .85 to .75 using Desktop without a problem. Just selected the version I wanted and went to "options." After selecting options, was able to proceed. When I tried from the front update screen, it told me no updates available, but I think that's because I had all 3 (.65, .75, and .85) on my BB Desktop. Am now off to return my Storm and get my replacement...I SO hope for better luck with the rebooting issue as I think it's perfect in every other way.

PMMD
    01-02-09 10:57 AM
    Read the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series!

It answers this question in detail

which is found on the homepage
    01-02-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD