I decided to downgrade to OS 5.0.0.451 on Storm 9550 so I downloaded the software and installed it on my PC. I deleted the vendor.xml file and started the DM. The DM ONLY see OS 5.0.0.607 and 5.0.0.320. I have already wiped my device and just want to get on with the install. I have tried everything. It looks as though the OS installed on my PC correctly, and I have even rebooted the computer. HELP!
    05-09-10 10:15 PM
    I decided to downgrade to OS 5.0.0.451 on Storm 9550 so I downloaded the software and installed it on my PC. I deleted the vendor.xml file and started the DM. The DM ONLY see OS 5.0.0.607 and 5.0.0.320. I have already wiped my device and just want to get on with the install. I have tried everything. It looks as though the OS installed on my PC correctly, and I have even rebooted the computer. HELP!
    You need to go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and remove all the OS's that you do NOT want to load, so that only the 451 is on the PC. Then use AppLoader to install. Make sure that the vendor file is still deleted.
    05-09-10 10:38 PM
    Thanks for the response kwkid! I have tried everything you said to do as I am have done several upgrades/downgrades and your response is not working. Any other ideas?
    05-09-10 10:43 PM
    I don't think it should matter, but I have wiped the device with JL_Cmder and am currently looking at a screen with "Reload Software: 507". I have seen this many times in the past when installing an OS. This is brain teaser....
    05-09-10 10:47 PM
    Well....I don't know for sure why it decided to work, but I did uninstall the OS and reinstall it. Then I tried again with the DM and it finally was able to see the OS and I am off!
    05-09-10 11:32 PM
    Well....I don't know for sure why it decided to work, but I did uninstall the OS and reinstall it. Then I tried again with the DM and it finally was able to see the OS and I am off!
    Glad to hear you got it worked out. In the reload game it seems patience pays
    05-10-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD