I dropped my phone and cracked the screen but everything works fine on it and theres no bleeding. Ive searched ebay for new screens and they have two different things one is a whole new lcd screen with digitizer and the other is just the touch screen digitizer it is about a 60 dollar difference it seems like just the top touch screen is cracked and not the lcd.....heres pics

Attachment 66630
    Attachment 66631
    07-07-10 11:27 PM
    It's almost impossible to know without taking the phone apart. I hate to be so vague, but it's the truth, you never really know until you get in there first-hand. If I had to guess, I'd say it was just the digitizer. The problem with just replacing the digitizer is that it can be difficult to separate the actual LCD and digitizer if you don't have prior experience.

I don't doubt that you can pull it off, just felt the need to give fair warning as someone who has disassembled phones themself. My recommendation is to order the LCD and digitizer and just play it safe.
    07-07-10 11:39 PM
    Please go but the full LCD+Digitizer.

Make sure you keep your old LCD for back plate.
    07-08-10 04:08 AM
    I accidently dropped my storm2 the other week and shattered the screen, sent it back to vodafone for repair and they exchanged it free of charge.

Lots of post I read said I would be charged because screen cracks are out of warranty repair unless insured...but like they say, there is no harm in trying

My advice, try ringing up your carrier for a repair first and see what they say..
    07-08-10 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD