ok so, i've been following the suggestions, tips and hints from this site and all of them seemed to benefit me greatly. but there was one that seemed to make my phone... act oddly.

i read one post where some guy said to hold on to the escape button, click the top left corner, then top right corner, then top left corner, then top right corner, and release the escape button.

i thought it was a joke until someone said it worked, so i tried it too, and sure enough something popped up.

now the problem is ever since i did that little button mashing combination, i keep hearing this odd, clicking noise? i cant quite pin what it is or what triggers the noise. it's really quite random. it'll happen sometimes when i rotate the phone, or while i'm texting, or when i press the escape or end button.

now i only know a few things for a fact.
    a. it is a sound that only occurs when the phone is on, i.e. it will not make noise when the battery is pulled.
    b. it doesn't have any clear pattern to what triggers the noise.

thats all i know for now. it doesnt seem to be slowing down my bb or anything of the like. in fact its not at all harmful, from what i can see, except the fact that it's buggin the crap out of me. can someone help me fix it?
    01-10-09 04:56 AM
    My first storm had a similar issue. I never did anything to aquire it, it was since the first day I bought it and was very random. I would describe it as a very tinny click sound and was very random. I thought I was crazy because it was so faint. My replacement has never done it thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by leathernuts; 01-10-09 at 06:37 AM.
    01-10-09 06:34 AM
    What's the purpose of doing that excercise where you hold the ecsape key and click the corners? Aside from having the clicking noise, did that little excercise do any good?
    01-10-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD