I wanted to try BuzzBerry Free so I download it from the app-store, didn't like it so I deleted it and now my LED doesn't flash when I have a missed call anymore.

All the other LED notifications work except when I have a missed call, it just stays blank.

Can anyone help me with this?

I tried deleting, restarting, reinstalling, restarting and it the LED will only work on missed calls if BuzzBerry is installed and controlling it.

So I even tried deleting, BuzzBerry Free again, and installed the BuzzBerry 3 7 Day trial, didn't like that either, uninstalled it, restartd, then battery pull for 3 mins and my Missed Called LED is still not working.

Did they rig this program so that you have to buy it or they leave your phone screwed?

I hope someone can help me with this because I only got my Storm 2 less than month ago and I think they made this horrible app to permanently screw your phone up if you chose not to buy.

I'm using OS version 5.0.0.517 on Bell mobility
    Should I try upgrading or changing the OS?

Is this a problem I can call BlackBerry about ?

If I can't fix this I want a phone replacement and the makers of this program hanged.
    Last edited by rlbnorth; 07-06-10 at 02:35 PM.
    07-06-10 02:33 PM
    go into your sound profiles and find missed calls and make sure it is set to show led.
    07-06-10 02:35 PM
    Ok thanks for the reply.

I am having a problem finding the "Missed Calls" section in sound profiles.
    I don't think there is one.

I push "Select a Sound profile menu" > Edit profiles > Normal > Phone.

There is only a thing in there saying LED: On. I have it set to on, same thing in the Set Ring/Tones/Alerts menu.

I don't see anything on my phone for "Missed Calls"
    07-06-10 02:51 PM
    looks like you have done everything I would have done, maybe select the led to off then save, then back to on and save and battery pull again. Good luck
    07-06-10 03:09 PM
    for a battery pull, do I shut down the phone first by holing the power button for 3 sec and then pull the battery?

Is this the way to do it?
    07-06-10 04:03 PM
    for a battery pull, do I shut down the phone first by holing the power button for 3 sec and then pull the battery?

Is this the way to do it?
    No pull the battery out for 30 seconds when the phone is powered on
    07-06-10 04:06 PM
    Nothing worked.
    Anyone know where I can find help reinstalling the operating system on my blackberry?

I'm using OS 5.0.0.517 on Bell network, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my OS to 713 in case it doesn't work on my Bell phone.
    07-06-10 04:50 PM
    Nothing worked.
    Anyone know where I can find help reinstalling the operating system on my blackberry?

I'm using OS 5.0.0.517 on Bell network, I'm not sure if I should upgrade my OS to 713 in case it doesn't work on my Bell phone.
    You can just do a security wipe. It restore all your phones settings to factory.

options>security options>security wipe

If you want to reload the OS you can search for several threads about how to do this. You can also click the link in my sig. .713 will work on your phone just make sure you delete the vendor id.
    07-06-10 06:22 PM
    All the other LED notifications work except when I have a missed call, it just stays blank.
    There is no notification for missed calls on the bb without a 3rd party app. If you deleted berrybuzz and its not working thats the way is supposed to be.

Can anyone help me with this?

I tried deleting, restarting, reinstalling, restarting and it the LED will only work on missed calls if BuzzBerry is installed and controlling it.

So I even tried deleting, BuzzBerry Free again, and installed the BuzzBerry 3 7 Day trial, didn't like that either, uninstalled it, restartd, then battery pull for 3 mins and my Missed Called LED is still not working.
    See above post

Did they rig this program so that you have to buy it or they leave your phone screwed?
    That is ridiculous

I'm using OS version 5.0.0.517 on Bell mobility. Should I try upgrading or changing the OS?
    You can if you want but you will be wasting your time. It will still be the same way after a fresh install.

Is this a problem I can call BlackBerry about ?
    No blackberry didnt make the app and there is nothing wrong here

If I can't fix this I want a phone replacement and the makers of this program hanged.
    You do realize that berry buzz is probably one of the most purchased apps for blackberry right? anything from bellshare is highly popular. Trust me they didnt screw up your phone
    07-06-10 06:39 PM
    Thanks for the help.

I was pretty sure I was getting missed calls LED flash notifications before I installed BuzzBerry, but i guess not?

Thanks a lot got the help I found the links you were talking about.
    07-06-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD