I was google-ing the internet, searching for China Telecom's official 5.0.0.672 when I came across this webpage -->

RIM BlackBerry 9530 | Handset Detection

This line caught my attention -->
    BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

I believe vendor ID 105 is Verizon? Possibly this OS is out in the wild somewhere being tested, or waiting for carrier confirmation?

The chinese 672 is vendor ID 329 according to this website, and that kind of makes sense as it isn't attached to any other older OS versions.

So my question is, is this website legit? What does profile/MIDP mean? What the heck is 'handset detection' ? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks fellow crackies
    07-09-10 09:42 PM
    Come on, someone must know what this website is all about??? Lyr? Civic? there's gotta be a crackberry abuser on here that can shed some light on this...?
    07-10-10 09:33 PM
    The website is for web developers to utilize. It allows the developer to deliver content based on the user_agent, in this case with the granularity of OS version. It is interesting that they have that version up though, it seems like VZW wants to get all their berries on the same version to make troubleshooting easier though. Kinda sounds like the OS5 intention from the beginning. I'm willing to bet they've seen .732 for the 9530, its just up to them whether they want to release an MR4 or not though...
    07-10-10 10:37 PM
    Could also be someone with a hybrid as well. If your About screen reports .732 as your app version, so will a site detection script like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 06:01 AM
    Could also be someone with a hybrid as well. If your About screen reports .732 as your app version, so will a site detection script like that.
    Ahh good point, I never considered that. I suppose I'm just hoping for one or two more really good leaks, before my contract expires and I can hop onto the lastest berry.
    07-11-10 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD